RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not really sure why I want to post this, other than to say 'kudos' to Tech Support at Monaco, and to let folks know that they are there and are ready help us when we need 'em.

This past Memorial Day Sunday, we were heading into what turned out to be a frog-strangler (that's Texan for "One heck of a really big rainstorm") when the wipers refused to turn on. Nothing. No hi-speed, no lo-speed, no washer, no automatic low-beam headlights, nuttin.

I wasn't about to brave the dark and mean clouds, so we pulled into a closed business-lot to wait it out and see if I could get us going. I looked in the obvious places for blown-fuses, tripped breakers, etc, but couldn't find anything. Tried tracing wires from the wiper-motor back, but then the downpour forced me inside.

Having nothing to lose, I called the 24/7 number and as expected got a recording. Left my contact info and expected to hear from them maybe when they opened-up again on Tuesday after the holiday.

Wow! Was I surprised when I got a return call less than 10 minutes later, and the guy was already prepared with some troubleshooting suggestions. We discussed it for awhile, and I told him I'd check out his ideas as soon as the rains slowed a bit.

Darned if his first suggestion wasn't right-on and the wipers popped back to life (knock on wood now). I even got a call on Tuesday to see how things worked-out.

Thanks Monaco!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not really sure why I want to post this, other than to say 'kudos' to Tech Support at Monaco, and to let folks know that they are there and are ready help us when we need 'em.

This past Memorial Day Sunday, we were heading into what turned out to be a frog-strangler (that's Texan for "One heck of a really big rainstorm") when the wipers refused to turn on. Nothing. No hi-speed, no lo-speed, no washer, no automatic low-beam headlights, nuttin.

I wasn't about to brave the dark and mean clouds, so we pulled into a closed business-lot to wait it out and see if I could get us going. I looked in the obvious places for blown-fuses, tripped breakers, etc, but couldn't find anything. Tried tracing wires from the wiper-motor back, but then the downpour forced me inside.

Having nothing to lose, I called the 24/7 number and as expected got a recording. Left my contact info and expected to hear from them maybe when they opened-up again on Tuesday after the holiday.

Wow! Was I surprised when I got a return call less than 10 minutes later, and the guy was already prepared with some troubleshooting suggestions. We discussed it for awhile, and I told him I'd check out his ideas as soon as the rains slowed a bit.

Darned if his first suggestion wasn't right-on and the wipers popped back to life (knock on wood now). I even got a call on Tuesday to see how things worked-out.

Thanks Monaco!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What was the fix let us know ?
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar experience about 2 months ago. I had a question that the manual did not cover and thought I would give them a try. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly, helpful attitude on the other end of the phone. They also seemed honestly concerned that the questions were answered to my satisfaction. And it definitely made me feel more confident and comfortable driving down the road knowing I could call them anytime (24/7) about any problem I might have with the motorhome. I certainly hope they continue to maintain this service at the same level I experienced. It would be a major factor in my decision to buy another Monaco product.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I will add my appreciation as well. I have called them a few times now. Seems things usually only happen late on a weekend night. I have always appreciated the prompt return call and the follow through. I am impressed that I never get the feeling they are trying to blow me off, too. I have kept them on the phone quite a while to track down problems.

Coupled with the great service I have received in Wildwood, they are keeping me very happy with their product.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Jeez, Ron. I was hoping no one would have caught that and asked your question.

Seems that "SOMEONE" had been under the hood (the generator-compartment) earlier that day, checking the oil-level. Evidently, "THEY" must have bumped the wiper-motor connector just barely enough to make it lose contact. Soon's I pushed the connector ends together a teeny-bit, we were back in business. I should note that the connector was snapped-together already, but must have had just enough mis-mating to not allow the high current-flow for the motor.

Looks like I'm gonna have to track down "WHOEVER" did it and give them a stern lecture. .... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ya know Robboc, that "whoever" person must really get around....he does all kinds of mean spirited things to me from time to time also!
I agree with all the comments about how helpful the tech's at the help line are....
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hey, I know "that guy". He visits both our house and our coach so much that we've actually given him a name. We call him "Yahooty"

It's not uncommon to hear around our place, "Yahooty did it!".
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #9

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii (last fixed residence before becoming fulltimers)
HELP! Please pass on the 24/7 phone number for those of us that don't have it! Thanks!!
Poki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
1-877-4MONACO
or...here is the Monaco site

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote