RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a channce to get a 2007 at a very good price and need some feedback on this coach or floorplan
3 slides with a bath and half
thanks

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a channce to get a 2007 at a very good price and need some feedback on this coach or floorplan
thanks

Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powerboatr:
thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Robert,

While we don't have the exact floorplan as that one we do have the 38 PST--triple slides and bath and 1/2. My wife didn't think she was going to like or "need" the 1/2 bath but let me tell you--it's WONDERFUL!!--I'll let her tell you:
the 1/2 bath in the bedroom is great. I can spread out and use the blow dryer without hitting elbows on the close quarters of the bathroom! I can use the sink while Jeffrey uses the other one.
We just purchased our 2004 and we really love it. We have had NO problems at all.
After travel trailing for the last 10 years having a motorhome is something we wished now that we had done YEARS ago!!

Jeffrey of
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thank you
we are going to run over and look at one closer to check out storage for pots and pans and OMG the stuff we carry
robert

Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Robert, I moved your post over here to the Monaco forum.

We have a good group of Monaco owners here who can be a great help.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have an Endeavor 40 PET and some things we like and some we don't. The bedroom has a single slide and is a little small but since it is not the primary living space it is ok. The king/queen bed extends out almots 3' but with the slides in you have to crawl over the bed if you want something in the back closet. The 2 front slides are about 15 ft each which makes the front living/dining area huge. Both my wife and I love the "U" shaped kitchen. My wife is a great cook and I am a great busboy and the pull out countertop is great for a blender for happy hour with lots of storage underneath. The bath area is pretty typical for most coaches except that it has a corner sink with all kinds of room behind the sink and twin mirrors. The head area has a sink which is pretty standard for Diplomats and Endeavors. All in all a good coach with very large living areas. It's always a compromise with any coach selection and if we had everything we wanted the coach would be a 50 footer.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Forgot to say that the 400 ISL is a great engine and is really the crown jewell of the Diplomat and Endeavor. It's very satisfying going up the mountains and passing all the truckers that passed you at 90 mph on the flatland or down the hills and almost blew your doors off. Takes a great deal of restraint not to give them the digital salute while passing them. And, averaging about 7.8 mpg over about 12,000 miles is not bad at all and the ISL should help keep the resale value up.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Robert,

We enjoy our '07 Dip. We're still working through first year warranty problems, but they have been managable. The only advice I would offer about the PET floor plan is to consider whether or not it has enough bedroom storage space for your needs. I think the rest of the layout is great.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Powerboatr...
We have the same floorplan as Robin_M ...and I absolutely love it. Monaco makes a very livable rig and I think you will enjoy the ride also...as Sixpack said...It handles all types of roads quite well.

If you can pick it up at a good price ... then I say "Go for It"! I am sure you will not regret it!

PS...when you get it ...don't forget to come back and join the "Monaco Owners Forum Group"!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote