Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #1

Monaco Air bed

Does any one know where I could buy a California size air matress for my 2005 Monaco ex,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks to you all
ecurbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Don't know exactly what kind of mattress your wanting, but the Monaco I have (2011) came with a Sleep Number. Let me tell you, I would prefer a regular mattress. The air mattress hast to be adjusted every time you travel because of air pressure. Higher altitudes you need to let air out. Lower you need to add air. Before you travel you need to lower the air to 20lbs. The center has a hard foam area. Ours has a remote to adjust air. If you don't have 120v outlet near, your going to need to add it.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #3

air bed

Thanks yes air matress I have is 3in in two pcs with each side montering it is leaking we find it nice and have enjoyed it but we need a new air pice
Old 01-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurbing View Post
Thanks yes air matress I have is 3in in two pcs with each side montering it is leaking we find it nice and have enjoyed it but we need a new air pice
I'm assuming by leaking you mean the air is coming out and the bed is going flat. We have 4 of the sleep number beds and love them. If you unzip the topper, at the head of each air chamber on the bottom side, the air hose connects to the air chamber. Check each of those to make sure they are connected. Could be loose and causing the leak. If they are just loosing small amounts of air could be as RWeigant said and because of lower altitude as you travel. Hope this helps.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Sleep Number makes a California King sized mattress, or at least they did a few years ago when we ordered one.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:17 PM   #6

Replaced our Sleep Number with regular Sealy Queen with topper much nicer. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 01-16-2017, 04:45 AM   #7

I'll stick with the Sleep Number, both my wife and I love it. It is so nice to each have the firmness we enjoy. Yes as you climb you need to let air out and you have to adjust it when you descend, big deal, it is a push of the remote. Wouldn't trade it for the world. JMHO
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #8

air

We had the sleep number air and hated it in our Beaver!! Went to a factory mattress "maker" shop and had one made exactly the length, height, and weight we wanted(like a Calif queen). We love it. Only about $600 for the one that is advertised with a bowling ball dropping on it and not spilling wine glass on other side of bed. Be careful and measure the height. ?The air one is not very thick.

good luck safe travels
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We replaced our mattress with a Lessa and have been very happy.

The Leesa is a mail order mattress with a 100 day guarantee. If you don't like it they will find a place near you where it can be donated and will refund your money. It comes shrink-wrapped and rolled up in a heavy duty box that weights about 85 lbs and shipping is included in the price.

We hate mattress shopping that this worked out very well for us.
RileyCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #10

thank you all very nice replys
Old 01-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Our Executive came with an optional Sleep Number bed. They are great when new, but the novelty wears off with the first high altitude trip you make and they blow up!

When we were looking at used coaches, almost every Sleep Number bed we saw had issues. Most had "camel humps" in the center where the cells had blown.

We replaced our Sleep Number with a Sleep Innovations Shiloh. 3669 five star reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovat...66a9687fb07795

Another great foam mattress is the Tuft and Needle (this will be our next mattress). 7364 five star reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QBZ2BX2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If anyone has an RV King sleep number they want to sell, please send me a PM. We have a Denver RV mattress in the coach now and I cant wait to toss it in the trash.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Sleep Number makes a California King sized mattress, or at least they did a few years ago when we ordered one.
If I were going to replace a "Sleep-Number" air mattress in my motorhome that's where I would buy it. However the new memory foam mattresses being made today for both homes and RV's are soooo much more comfortable, IMHO; and they avoid all the inherent problems of an air mattress in a motorhome. JMO
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
Don't know exactly what kind of mattress your wanting, but the Monaco I have (2011) came with a Sleep Number. Let me tell you, I would prefer a regular mattress. The air mattress hast to be adjusted every time you travel because of air pressure. Higher altitudes you need to let air out. Lower you need to add air. Before you travel you need to lower the air to 20lbs. The center has a hard foam area. Ours has a remote to adjust air. If you don't have 120v outlet near, your going to need to add it.
that's not my experience. the only time I ever let air out is when I go to high elevation (over 5000 feet) and I leave it at 45%. takes like one minute to inflate it when stopped for the night. the mattress does not require adjustment every time you travel
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco