Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
RonL ...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Not wanting to upset leader 1 again (or anyone else), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Robin_M was not saying he didn't want to "diss" or upset you ... he was talking about Leader 1 who posted on pg 1 of this thread...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
RonL,

The '06 Presidio pointed out is indeed a very nice coach. We have friends who own one exactly like it, right down to the same color schemes in & out. The price is close to what they paid for their's, although I am not certain about the similarities on all of the options. They do not fulltime in it but it would be a good candidate for that purpose.

We might have bought the Presidio ourselves if it had the rear lounge that the Knight and Camelot have (had). That floorplan played a big part in our personal choice.

Paul
2006 Camelot PLT
psc907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Actually, at the time that I wrote my message I had not seen or read Robin_M's posting. My reference to dissing was in regard to ronboc's post:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am not dissing you, but want to help put it all in perspective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moving right along ... I really want to thank everyone who refered DiMartini RV. I made a few inquiries with them and received very good prices. In one case $10k lower than the already reduced price online for a total of 29.3%.

RonL
Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psc907:
We might have bought the Presidio ourselves if it had the rear lounge that the Knight and Camelot have (had). That floorplan played a big part in our personal choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Paul,

That rear lounge area with the desk you have is a very nice feature. I'll bet you get a lot of use out of that. I think floor plans play a big part in the choice people make. After we saw the SFT floor plan on the Dip, we were done looking.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That rear lounge area with the desk you have is a very nice feature. I'll bet you get a lot of use out of that. I think floor plans play a big part in the choice people make. After we saw the SFT floor plan on the Dip, we were done looking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robin,

Your fullside slide really opens up the space. That is nice. Makes for a very large bathroom also.

We aren't fulltiming yet. Susan liked the desk/lounge because she likes to quilt and will put her machine there. I liked it because it made her happy and I don't have to step up onto the engine hump to get in and out of bed.

Paul
Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psc907:
Your fullside slide really opens up the space. That is nice. Makes for a very large bathroom also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, biggest bathroom I'd ever seen in a medium level coach. That's why we like it. When it's time to head for "the office" it's nice to have some space around you, rather than having to take care of business in a closet.

Paul, if you go full-time, or just use the coach for extended trips, that lounge area in the back will come in handy. Every once in a while you both just need your own space.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Paul - thanks for mentioning your floorplan - the PLT. I did not realize the '06 Camelot came in a 40' with the rear sitting area. I only had looked at the '07 42' PLQ. I don't think we would miss that curb-side living room slide, and I like that bath area layout. Nice floorplan.

I have the Knight 40PLQ, and was heart broken to see that they did not have that layout in the '08 Knight and Camelot. I have sung the praises of this layout to so many, I thought I would start getting a commission

Robin makes a great point about the two different living areas. It has been a bountiful gift because I work full time still, and it is really like having a real office. I have all my stuff set up, and don't have to clear it all off the dining room table so we can eat dinner

For our situation (fulltiming and me working full time), I can not imagine not having a layout for this. So far, I can attribute the success of us being able to do this on the PLQ/T floorplan

--kev

(wow - I sound like an infomercial)

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
RonL,

I don't know if these folks still have <span class="ev_code_RED">this</span> for sale, but we seriously considered going out to look at it. I talked to him on the phone and it sounded like a good deal. His # is 520-432-6995.

Kev,

The wife and I are strong believers in giving each other space. We practice that concept diligently in this 4 BR house we currently occupy. When we go fulltime she will usually sew and watch TV and I will websurf and tinker with the coach when we aren't sightseeing, etc.

Paul
Old 07-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks psc907. I couldn't find any contact information. The area was blank, so perhaps it is sold afterall. We have seen that floorplan and it is functional. I agree with the personal space thing. We all need it from time to time. Thanks for thinking of us.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Ron -

(sounds like I'm talking to myself... has happened before, but doctor sez I'm doing much better now on the new meds )

Anyways, ya might want to check that link again, worked for me. Nice coach.

Good luck.
Oh, and as usual, we ALL want a ride when ya get the new one!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
If you are talking about the link I gave, forget it. I called the man and he said that he finally sold it back to the dealer. I think he had it on the market for 8 months or more.