Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #1

Monaco Coach Wiring Diagram to the Aqua Hot

It appears that my Aqua Hot may have been wired incorrectly.

Zone 1 and Zone 2 evaporator fans turn on whenever either zone is activated, rather than independently as requested. This turns on while the Low Temp Status light (on the Electronic Controller Cover/Panel for the AH) is lit/on.

Assumable the evaporative fans should NOT be running if there is no heat yet in the AH.

Is this correct?

Does anyone have a "coach" wiring diagram showing how the Aqua Hot should be wired in this coach?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #2

I think the t stat needs to be set to fan on auto for all choices (AC, Fan, Furnace), then the fan will come on only when that choice is true.

I'll welcome a correction, but I just went thru that, 2 new AC heat pump units and two new CCC2 tstats.

cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post

Assumable the evaporative fans should NOT be running if there is no heat yet in the AH.

Is this correct?
I'm going to assume the evaporators your speaking of, is the floor level heat exchangers.
On mine, the fans wont start until the boiler fluid is up to temp. So, you may see a 15 or so second delay from the time the fans start, and when you feel heat blowing.
I've read others say their fans start blowing as soon as they turn on that zone on their thermostat, even if the boiler fluid is'nt up to temp.
Don't know which is correct, but I prefer the way mine works!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I'm going to assume the evaporators your speaking of, is the floor level heat exchangers.
On mine, the fans wont start until the boiler fluid is up to temp. So, you may see a 15 or so second delay from the time the fans start, and when you feel heat blowing.
I've read others say their fans start blowing as soon as they turn on that zone on their thermostat, even if the boiler fluid is'nt up to temp.
Don't know which is correct, but I prefer the way mine works!
Ben:

"...the fans wont start until the boiler fluid is up to temp." That was also my thought. But... as other have it, mine start immediately upon turning the inside-the-couch wall thermostat on. And that is without the boiler switch turned/pushed to the ON position. It doesn't seem to make any sense.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #5

I suspect your '06 Sig is the same control logic as our '06 Dynasty. On ours, the fans don't care what the AH temp is, they run if the zone is calling for heat.

I presume you already know this, but I'll share it just in case you haven't come across it, yet, if the coach is new to you.

First, I am assuming that we are talking about the thermostat in the rear of the coach. Zone 2 is the bathroom and the wet bay heat circuit. Zone 1 is the bedroom heat circuit. You can set whatever mode you want for zone 1 and for zone 2, but what you select for zone 2 is what both zones are going to operate as. If zone 1 is set to one of the other modes, it simply will not operate. Why they configured them this way, I'll never understand!!! But they did!

For example, in our coach, in the fall, winter, spring, I almost always keep zone 2 on "Furnace", which is the AquaHot. I normally keep zone 1 on "Cool", and leave the temp set at about 72 degrees. But the bedroom AC will never run until I place zone 2 in the "Cool" mode, then both of the rear heat pumps will be enabled. We rarely use the center heat pump so I keep the cooling setpoint on zone 2 at 90 degrees so it won't come on when "Cool" is selected in order to allow the bedroom unit to provide cooling.

If I am guessing right, you probably have zone 1 set to "Furnace", normally, and the thermostat is set at some point higher than the room temperature, so it is wanting to run. As soon as you put zone 2 in "Furnace" mode, assuming both zones are calling for heat, that will cause both zones fans to run. And like I said, it won't matter whether the AH is up to temperature, or not.

All of that is assuming your Sig is configured the same as the Dynasty, and in most all systems they are configured the same, along with the Executive series coaches.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #6

Regarding wiring diagrams, I don't have any from Monaco, but pretty good documentation is available from AquaHot. My email is K7JV@ARRL.NET, if you can't find it on their website. I have their documentation but it is way too big to post on IRV2.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Regarding wiring diagrams, I don't have any from Monaco, but pretty good documentation is available from AquaHot. My email is K7JV@ARRL.NET, if you can't find it on their website. I have their documentation but it is way too big to post on IRV2.
Jim:

I have the AH manual which also has its electrical diagram. That's what we've been using to check things out. What I'd be interested in is the wiring diagram of how the couch is wired to the AH or vice versa. This might give all of us an idea of why the AH fans run the way they do.

So if this is what you have, I'll forward my email address. And thanks for this offer.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 AM   #8

Just_For_Fun, I just looked, and I do have a drawing that is a Monaco drawing, after all, and I think that it shows what you are looking for. It added a chunk to my "lifetime" upload limit, but not too bad. So it is attached.

I hope it helps.

Cheers!

PS: I don't know if your coach has a kitchen fan that is controlled by an Intellitec switch or otherwise, where you select HI/MED/LO fan speed. Ours came that way, and unfortunately the fan would run constant at whatever speed was selected. The air would come out warm when heating, and not so warm when not. We ran a wire from the fan control terminal on the AH board to under the kitchen sink, and put in a relay that was wired to "switch" the ground line for the fan. That way the fan only runs when it is calling for heat. Great "mod"!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Z 2005 Signature System - AquaHot Connection Diagram.pdf (111.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Just_For_Fun, I just looked, and I do have a drawing that is a Monaco drawing, after all, and I think that it shows what you are looking for. It added a chunk to my "lifetime" upload limit, but not too bad. So it is attached.

I hope it helps.

Cheers!

PS: I don't know if your coach has a kitchen fan that is controlled by an Intellitec switch or otherwise, where you select HI/MED/LO fan speed. Ours came that way, and unfortunately the fan would run constant at whatever speed was selected. The air would come out warm when heating, and not so warm when not. We ran a wire from the fan control terminal on the AH board to under the kitchen sink, and put in a relay that was wired to "switch" the ground line for the fan. That way the fan only runs when it is calling for heat. Great "mod"!
K7JV:

THANKS!

I also have a "Pin Setting" diagram if anyone wants a copy.

Tags
monaco, wiring, wiring diagram