RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #1

Hello,

We have been looking at motorhomes and are still in the process of our search, we are now motorhome less since we sold our old Bounder. I have come across at 2004 Dynasty, 42' Tag, 400hp Cummins, with relatively low mileage and at a decent price. The unit looks well cared for and maintained. Are there any issues to consider, windshield cracking, leaks or any manufacturing problems from that vintage? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fossilhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #2

Hello,

We have been looking at motorhomes and are still in the process of our search, we are now motorhome less since we sold our old Bounder. I have come across at 2004 Dynasty, 42' Tag, 400hp Cummins, with relatively low mileage and at a decent price. The unit looks well cared for and maintained. Are there any issues to consider, windshield cracking, leaks or any manufacturing problems from that vintage? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #3

The Dynasty is a popular model of Monaco. Just look at the inventory at Lazy Days. I would check the vin and see if there was any problems listed, determine the owner and ask them questions, and talk to a Monaco dealer for as much info. as I could obtain. The ultimate decision is yours of course. This is not a very old coach, but there have been a lot of modifications since this unit was built. If you feel uncomfortable with the unit pass it up and keep looking. There are going to be a lot of units on the market, and another one is just down the road.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Fossilhound, if you are interested in the Dynasty I just traded in a 2007 Dynasty (Diamond floor plan) to Carolina RV. The coach has a little over 13K miles on it and it has most of the options available. It is a super clean coach and the only reason it was traded in was because we moved up to a 2008 Signature. You can look up Carolina RV on the web and get their phone number, ask for James and ask him about Charles' Dynasty, he'll be glad to talk to you and he said he would make some one a good deal on this coach.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #5

We are very happy with our 02 Dynasty. It is very solid and handles well on the highway.

Good luck!
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We're sitting right next to a beautiful tag Dynasty. I don't know the year but it's recent. I burn with envy everytime I look out my diningroom roadside window.

AKBrick

I thought this MH disease would end when I bought mine in October. Yeah riiiiiiight!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 AM   #7

Thanks for your replies, we will be heading to Oregon, California, Nevada and back up to Washington for a bit of a holiday. We hope to get a chance to visit some dealers on the way, any suggestions for great dealers? We will be visiting Demartini's in Grass Valley, possibly Guaranty in Oregon.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Fossilhound,
Visit Mike and John at Holiday Motorhomes in Fife, WA. Good people and they will try to work with your figures.
Also, we bought our motorhome from Mike Grablowski at Gauranty in Coburg. OR. He did a good job with our figures also. Guaranty also has a huge service center with great techs.

While your there, make sure you go to the Monoco factory for thier tour. That also helped us with our decision to go with Monoco products. My wife and I learned a lot and it was very interseting. Man, there were some paintjobs there that was to die for! Uh...oh yeah and the chassis part of the factory was great also.

Have fun shopping and DON'T be afraid to dicker and give your opinions. Those dealers DO understand thier customers!

AKBrick
Old 03-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Posted by AKBrick
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought this MH disease would end when I bought mine in October. Yeah riiiiiiight!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't know where you are located right now, but if there is a Monaco Dealer nearby, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go and look at the Dynasty Squire IV
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #10

Thanks again,

We are heading down from Alberta and plan on making this a shop for a motorhome trip, possibly a holiday if I can manage to tear myself away from the RV dealers. Ok, Ok, I won't even look at the Dynasty Squire, darn now I have to go an check the website.