Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #1

Monaco Dynasty 38

Hi, New to forum. I am thinking about getting our first coach, not full timing, more to get away in the winter, and some summer holiday use. I am looking at a low mileage dynasty with one large slide, 370 hp engine, 7.5 kw generator, in very nice condition. The owner can t find the towing capacity for this coach. What i want to do is haul an enclosed car trailer with my gold wing trike and a small car. Is the towing capacity of this coach 5000 lb or 10,000 lb. I can t seem to find this information. Also, pulling this trailer, should i be looking at a coach with a tag axle. Is this a good coach, is there any known problems etc. Thanks for any and all input on this…Bernie
burnibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

And best luck!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You don't state the year, but I assume it's newer than mine, but older than 2001.

The towing capacity of the Monaco Dynasty is 10,000 lb.

It's a really solid coach.

I recommend you take it for a good drive and satisfy yourself that it is handling well.

You want to read through this before you buy:

Wandering, sway bars, alignment, ride height, oh my!!

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #4

2001 monaco Dynasty 38 pus

Hi, New to forum. I am thinking about getting our first coach, not full timing, more to get away in the winter, and some summer holiday use. I am looking at a low mileage 2001 dynasty with one large slide, 370 hp engine, 7.5 kw generator, in very nice condition. The owner can t find the towing capacity for this coach. What i want to do is haul an enclosed car trailer with my gold wing trike and a small car. Is the towing capacity of this coach 5000 lb or 10,000 lb. I can t seem to find this information. Also, pulling this trailer, should i be looking at a coach with a tag axle. Is this a good coach, is there any known problems etc. Thanks for any and all input on this…Bernie
burnibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You can down load a brochure from the Monaco Coach site, they go back to 2000 for the Dynasty, this will tell you all the vitals.

Monaco Brochures

You can also get a PDF copy of the operators manual if it is a 2001 or newer.

Manuals

Dynasty is a great model, solid. You will not be disappointed. Good Luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #6

make sure you drive it down the freeway and across rough roads before you buy- also test drive other coaches that that have the ifs- ( independent front suspension) as the dynasty has roadmaster straight axle- which make the driving experience quite rough - I had a 2003 and as it was a beautiful built coach full of quality but the ride was noticeably rough- other chassis have these ifs which makes the ride a lot softer- just make sure you realize this- as I sold mine after a year because of this- good luck-
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Although I don't have experience driving other Class A's I don't feel the ride in my Windsor to be rough. It seems to glide along the road. If we do hit a larger rut or pot hole you can feel it but I don't think it is excessive. My coach is heavier due to the chassis construction and it is on an 8 air bag suspension, which I believe the Dynasty will have.

It will be interesting if anyone else chimes in.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
My 2001 Dynasty 38 Jack rides like glass on good roads but Calif freeways are pothole after pothole. Joint cracks are not noticeable but bridge lips are rough. Still the ride is way better than my previous IFS gasser. The best part is I can steer the coach with one hand and drive all day without getting tired. San Diego to Sacramento non stop. I'm never going back!!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I drive a 36' Dynasty, 98 version with the Roadmaster chassis. The eight air bag suspension makes the coach very road worthy. The coach has enough weight to help out in windy and big rig passing situations. I drove a lighter coach prior to the Dynasty and will never go back. Shocks and tires make a world of difference in ride performance as well. Good luck.
CutieFac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Bernie, The Dynasty is a fantastic high quality coach. If you like the layout and condition definitely take it out for a test drive. Suggest you check the tire pressures all the way around before the drive. The only time my coach drove rough was on the drive home from having new tires installed. The tire store aired up the tires to 125 psi as stated on the tire placard. The proper pressure will depend on the axle weights and you can discuss with the current owner to see what they normally run. If they run the pressures on the placard or don't give you a good answer, you may want to try something like 95 front and 90 rear for the test drive.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #11

Our 2000 Dynasty 38 is great. Others are correct on tire pressure. We started out with what the tire shop did. Pretty amazed at the difference once we had it weighed ON ALL 4 corners and lowered to real specs from TOYO.
Ours has a CGVW of 43K with 10k of that being tow capacity. We have a cummin350 which powers us nicely down the road.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
My 2001 Dynasty 38 Jack rides like glass on good roads but Calif freeways are pothole after pothole. Joint cracks are not noticeable but bridge lips are rough. Still the ride is way better than my previous IFS gasser. The best part is I can steer the coach with one hand and drive all day without getting tired. San Diego to Sacramento non stop. I'm never going back!!
My 2002 dynasty jack 38 was bad with expansion joints until Monaco's tech guys lead me to adjusting the air on my tag. this made a world of difference.
this may be old news to everyone but was a big help to me.

Thanks
HouseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We looked at several Dynasty's. Nice, well built rig. DW found a floor plan she liked but then I didn't like the engine HP for that much weight. It apparently had the ISL in the range of the wrist pin problems and had had the recall done which included the derate of the engine. Wasn't willing to take the risk.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco