Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #1

I called yesterday to see if I could get a Spet. 22 appointement in Oregon. NO WAY. They are booking the middle of October. I was extremely disappointed. This is the only chance I have to get some minor repairs until spring. My warranty runs out in November. She did say that there is a chance if I just show up they can squeeze me in if the list is short ( it is). Has anyone had success getting service without an appointment. I fail to see how Monaco can provide service to National owners when they cannot look after their own!! I am extremely diappointed. The fact that MCC has 3 factory service locations was one of the reasons I bought this coach. But if you have to book 4 or more months in advance then something is wrong. I understand that Sept. is not even one of the busy months! How much luck would I have going to one of the big dealers close to the factory? Being as I did not buy the unit from them I would be afraid to get the old " this is not covered" and a big fat bill.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #2

I called yesterday to see if I could get a Spet. 22 appointement in Oregon. NO WAY. They are booking the middle of October. I was extremely disappointed. This is the only chance I have to get some minor repairs until spring. My warranty runs out in November. She did say that there is a chance if I just show up they can squeeze me in if the list is short ( it is). Has anyone had success getting service without an appointment. I fail to see how Monaco can provide service to National owners when they cannot look after their own!! I am extremely diappointed. The fact that MCC has 3 factory service locations was one of the reasons I bought this coach. But if you have to book 4 or more months in advance then something is wrong. I understand that Sept. is not even one of the busy months! How much luck would I have going to one of the big dealers close to the factory? Being as I did not buy the unit from them I would be afraid to get the old " this is not covered" and a big fat bill.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I just left the Harrisburg Factory service center and was told there is a tech team dedicated solely to walk ins and emergencies so you can probably get your issues addressed that way.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #4

SACS:

Are you saying here will be no campsites available the last 10 days of Sept. in the immediate area?? Thanks
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #5

Thanks SACS
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Or perhaps you can get a good Monaco authorized repair facility near where you are to complete the repairs... but they are not all created equal. Call Monaco and ask for their BEST repair facility in your area... good luck!

Brenda, of...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #7

THanks for that tip Brenda. Finding a good repair facility is like the seacrh for the holy grail. We do have a Monaco dealer in our city. I would describe them as scary. I doubt any of their empployees are certified in anything. More like handymen!! The good facilities dont like to work on units they did not sell. I am going to call Guaranty as per another posters recommendations. I will also call the factory again and find out if they can do anything that week.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #8

I must be losing it. I could swear there was a reply to my post that suggested I try Guaranty RV. The poster had a phone # and a contact person ( female). I cannot find that post???
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Moisheh,
Send me a PM for the phone numbers for the Junction City, Oregon Gauranty RV Service Center. You should get someone who will assist you. These are the main switchboard numbers. These women are good and do care. Bare with them as there are many like you and us.

Good Luck,

AKBrick
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ok..I am trying to get caught up tonight (Yes...it is late butI had a nice visit with Alpenliteman & his wife tonight - the weather was gorgeous!..thanks again for such great company W &M!)

A couple of things that I have learned - some from the hard way...
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Don't think you will be able to make an appointment within 3 weeks either way before or after a rally event in that region without doing it literally MONTHS in advance (learned the hard way last year)
  • Monaco does have their peak seasons- and I believe Florida's season is during late winter-earlier spring whereas Oregon is from Mid April until end of October (learned from reading here)<LI>Monaco does take drop-ins but how they get to you is based on the following:
    1.Safety
    2.Driveability
    3.Liveability

In other words...if you show up without an appointment you will wait until they can squeeze you in-and IF you are sitting there with something that is a "liveability issue" and someone comes in after you with a "driveability issue" they will move ahead of you in the line. (I learned this last year when our friends "DigNBubbs" sat out in the overflow with NO A/C...it's considered a liveabilty issue... )<LI>If you contact Monaco with a list of issues/problems before your warranty runs out and they cannot see you...it has been documented. They seem to ALWAYS work with you to fix it as long as you have notified them before hand(I prefer to contact by snail-mail AND email)
I looked at the moderation area- evidently the person who posted the information is employed at Guaranty- so it is considered an ad. A member reported as such - another moderator removed it. I will make sure Guaranty is notified as to the choices of advertising they can pay for also...I don't believe we are able to list their phone numbers openly on the board ....as it is a form of advertising...but a link can be posted. You can also send a PM.

I think I have covered everything that has been brought up...Sorry for such a long post...hopefully some of you can learn from my experiences...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I must be losing it. I could swear there was a reply to my post that suggested I try Guaranty RV. The poster had a phone # and a contact person ( female). I cannot find that post??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The post was removed as it violated our advertising and solicitation rules since it was posted by a business.

That privilege is reserved for sponsors.

Adios, Dirk

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Like to echo on MM as far as warranty work. I have a minor issue with my Aladdin system and called DeMartini - dealer we purchased from (Indiana) and talked to the service manager (JD) about it. We are currently in Maine and won't be able to get in to have it checked until October - which is about 2 months after my 1 year anniversary. JD notified Monaco and it will be covered under the warranty since it was documented in plenty of time. Guess it doesn't always work this way but so far so good for us. We are full timers and are making the trip to DeMartini's in October on our way to Florida for the winter. Not exactly the most direct route but I totally believe in DeMartini's service and customer service - to me it is more than worth it. We will probably be there one or two days at the most - 15,000 mile service and about 2 or 3 very minor issues.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:04 AM   #13

At first I was a little disappointed that another moderator had killed that post. On the other hand I can understand that the owners of this web site are operating a business for profit. I was wondering if members of this forum would be interested in starting a thread on service: good and bad. This would certainly be a good resource for Monaco owners and I doubt it breaks any forum rules. For instance: We pass through Tucson on our way south every year. Beaudry's would be a good service location if I were having problems. I know this facility and although I read lots of horror stories about them I have found that many of the techs are very qualified and highly trained. I have also read about them overcharging for service. I have no first hand knowledge of this but would be interested in hearing what other Monaco owners have encountered.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #14
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Members are free to recommend and/or post links to businesses that they would like share with others.

However, if a member stands to gain financially from a link or recommendation, then that type of post is not permitted.

iRV2 has excellent sponsors who pay for their advertising, so it would not be fair to allow unpaid advertising.

From our Rules;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> By participating in the Forums and Private Messages, you agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content (including test, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information) that:

3. Constitutes advertising or promotion, junk mail,"¯spamming,"¯ chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Hyperlinks that connect to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by iRV2. The Forums or Photo Gallery may not be used to sell products. Please visit the free iRV2 Classifieds to post your items for sale; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.

Adios, Dirk

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote