Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

Monaco Knight RF Tire Blowout vs Wiring Harness

HELP: Anyone with a 2003 Knight that has a wiring harness clamped inside the RF wheel well that could take a picture of the harness and where it is routed to would be a great help. I have the wiring diagram but it leaves a lot of detail out. Inoperative now is the steps, step switch, DC Battery Cutoff, Porch and compartment lights, step cover and anything else that was wired thru this harness. A snapshot or text photo of the inside of the armrest console would
be of great help. This can be done by lifting the cup holder out of the console making the end of this harness with a connector and other wiring visible. The Ambassador has the same chassis and wiring in the 2003 time frame. Some drawings also applicable to Caymen and Neptune as well. Many Thanks
OldBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I can sympathize with your situation as we did the same thing several years ago with a 01 Ambassador. The first thing to check is the salesman's switch relay in the compartment below the drivers seat. Just do not look at the fuse, ours blew the whole relay but fuse was still intact. The rest of the wiring I just stood on my head and started following wires, either by color or label or from the source and the item they were supposed to work with an ohm meter and volt meter. I wish I had a schematic to help, but I do not. Best of luck, did you do much body damage. On ours, it pulled the wires right out of the passengers arm rest and into the wheel well. Happy trails Bert
Old 10-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Monaco Knight Tire Blowout vs Wiring Harness

Thanks fore the reply Bert. No other damage was done except the items that are now inoperative. My harness was dragged under the blown tire and wrapped around the axle about three times. It too pulled the harness from the armrest console and ruined the connector. Also many of the wires were broken
and none labeled. A mess.
Thanks so much,
OldBuddy
OldBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

I give up. What is "the salesman's switch relay"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobert View Post
I can sympathize with your situation as we did the same thing several years ago with a 01 Ambassador. The first thing to check is the salesman's switch relay in the compartment below the drivers seat. Just do not look at the fuse, ours blew the whole relay but fuse was still intact. The rest of the wiring I just stood on my head and started following wires, either by color or label or from the source and the item they were supposed to work with an ohm meter and volt meter. I wish I had a schematic to help, but I do not. Best of luck, did you do much body damage. On ours, it pulled the wires right out of the passengers arm rest and into the wheel well. Happy trails Bert
Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It is a relay (or solenoid), on this rig, located in the front left electrical bay, that shuts off most of the 12v power going to the rest of the motorhome from the coach batteries. Many other motorhomes have them, there are several configurations and many places where the various manufacturers locate them while building. Hope this may help, Happy trails Bert

Tags
monaco, wiring