Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #1

Monaco Knight Water Leak

We have an '05 Monaco Knight 38PDQ. I started filling my water tank to flush the pink out of the lines.

I have a water leak from the bottom of a short tube in front of the curb side rear wheels. The tube comes out of the side of the bay in front of the wheels. There's no access door to the bay.

What is this tube? It looks like there is a hole in whatever fitting is at the bottom of the tube. It's covered with a lot of undercoating.
fry5family is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #2

Hi Fry5family; The area where you are describing where the water is coming from is where Monaco usually puts the water tank overflow tube. On both my Windsor's I have owned, this is where the overflow tube is located. I am sure your low point drains are on the street side of the coach along with the water fill for the tank. By any chance did the tank fill faster than you thought and it is now having water exit out the overflow tube. I have always understood that when you are filling the tank that as you approach the full mark you do not want to have a great amount of water/volume/pressure going into the tank as the overflow may not be able to handle the volume coming in and that can cause problems with too much pressure into the tank. Hope my explanation makes sense. When I fill my tank as it approaches full I always turn down the faucet to just a small flow until the tank is full. Also my hot water heater drain is on the curb side about 3 feet forward of the over flow tube for the water tank.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #3

That's the overflow line telling you your fresh water tank is full so you should turn off the water or switch your tank selector valve before you flood the campsite.
If your coach is lower on the roadside the water may overflow through the vent hole on your gravity fill cap.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #4

Thanks all... You are absolutely right. I wasn't trusting my fresh tank sensors because "I was certain" that I emptied it before storage last November.

OOPS! No harm, no foul. The full fresh water tank did fine through the Northern Illinois winter. All the individual lines and the pump were full of pink anti-freeze, so must have filled the fresh water tank afterwards somehow.

Thanks again!

Mike and Deb Fry
'05 Monaco Knight 38PDQ
Old 06-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #5

We use the American Car Dolly too. It's the best I've ever used. The only downside is that, with the pivot plate, backing is very difficult. Love the velocity sensing electric brakes.

Mike and Deb Fry
'05 Monaco Knight 38PDQ
Old 06-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry5family View Post
We use the American Car Dolly too. It's the best I've ever used. The only downside is that, with the pivot plate, backing is very difficult. Love the velocity sensing electric brakes.

Mike and Deb Fry
'05 Monaco Knight 38PDQ
What brand and model brake controller do you have that senses velocity? How does it work?
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, monaco, water, water leak