Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco Monarch slide issues

We’re getting the coach ready to travel and all of the sudden both the front and rear slide motors are not responding. The bedroom slide is stuck open, and the living room slide is stuck shut. From my wiring diagram, it looks like they are on separate systems (?) when activating the slide switches, I hear an audible click. But no sound from either motor. We did just replace the house batteries. And both slides were working on independent dates (until yesterday). All the other electrical systems seem to be working okay. What should I check next?
The bedroom slide has a fuse in the panel in the bedroom, #11, a 15 amp fuse and it is fine. It is impossible to believe the motors could have both gone out at the same moment, unless the relays got fried or something like that.
Thoughts or advice?
Kiheilesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #2

Kiheilesley-

What year Monarch, and what model (30PDD, 30SFS, or other)?

Monaco used different controllers on different years.

Our coach is the twin to the Monarch 30PDD. Inside the battery compartment is a black plastic box. Inside that box is the slide control board and a bus bar with circuit breakers attached to it. I believe one of those breakers feeds the slide control board. Find it and reset it. Also, there may be a 5A fuse on the control board.

Got to run. ill check back later.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slide issues

Thanks...I’m going to run out and check right now. First thing I did was check all the voltages, then started the generator to make sure there was adequate power. All those were fine.
It is a 2004 Monaco Monarch 30ppd.
I just came in to get a square head screw driver to take the cover off the relay box.
Will let you know what I find.
Thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slide issue

Hi Mark....I took the cover off the black plastic box, and as you describe, it says slide control module. With the buss bar etc.
I checked the 5 amp fuse and it is good.
I have no idea how to check the relays or reset them if they have tripped?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As I said, I can hear the switches make electrical contact, but no noise from either slide motor. All other electrical seems hunky dory.
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slide issue

the Circuit breaker is actually a 25 amp ‘self healing fuse’ I turned off the power and removed it, tests fine with a DVM
There are 4 relays all 961A-1c-12d herry relays.
Is there any way to test them before just ordering new ones?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiheilesley View Post
We’re getting the coach ready to travel and all of the sudden both the front and rear slide motors are not responding. The bedroom slide is stuck open, and the living room slide is stuck shut. From my wiring diagram, it looks like they are on separate systems (?) when activating the slide switches, I hear an audible click. But no sound from either motor. We did just replace the house batteries. And both slides were working on independent dates (until yesterday). All the other electrical systems seem to be working okay. What should I check next?
The bedroom slide has a fuse in the panel in the bedroom, #11, a 15 amp fuse and it is fine. It is impossible to believe the motors could have both gone out at the same moment, unless the relays got fried or something like that.
Thoughts or advice?
I'm not familiar with your set up at all. But is there any type of lock out to keep you from pulling slides in or out? such as Ignition switch off. Brake set, all basement doors closed?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
I'm not familiar with your set up at all. But is there any type of lock out to keep you from pulling slides in or out? such as Ignition switch off. Brake set, all basement doors closed?
Basement doors , I always checks those first .
If they are closed then check if one is bent or sw is bad .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco Monarch 30ppd, does not have a slide lock out switch that I know of. The basement doors do not have sensors, but I went ahead and made sure they were all closed. The house has power and all other systems are working properly. The 15 amp fuse in the bedroom fuse panel is fine, the 5 amp and 25 amp fuses in the power slide module box in the battery compartment are fine. When I depress either switch for the front slide OR the bedroom slide, I hear a manual click, but no motor noise at all. I’m kinda baffled, if it was one or the other, I would think something just wore out.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #9

What year is your Monarch?

The information below applies to coaches manufactured in 2008-2009. Newer coaches may have different controllers and circuits.

Here are two drawings, from a 2009 Safari Simba set. The Simba is a third "twin" to our coaches. I suppose that means they're "triplets" (Monarch/Admiral/Simba)

Also attached is a page from a blended Ford/Monaco drawing set I've made for our coach. If you send me a private message that includes your e-mail address I'll send you a copy of the entire set. Some of it will apply even if your coach is built on a Workhorse chassis.

You probably know that the ignition has to be off in order to activate the slides. That caught me a few times early on.

Do you measure !2V at all times on the output side of the 12V 20A circuit breaker? On both sides of the 5V fuse? At the slideout switches in the monitor panel?

There is an ignition-disable slideout fuse in the Front Distribution Panel. However, the way I read the diagrams, that fuse could be dead and the slideouts will work.

I don't see a fuse in our coach's interior fuse panel related to the slideouts.

For the other folks, there are no basement door closure interlocks on the 30PDD.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 16615989.pdf (58.8 KB, 159 views)
File Type: pdf 38091254_A_DIAGRAM SLIDEOU.pdf (30.9 KB, 187 views)
File Type: pdf 2008 HR Admiral Wiring Slideout Controller Wrirng Diagram.pdf (59.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slide issues

Thank you Mark. The monarch 30-ppd is a 2004. I did know we had a twin.
I will download and look at what you have sent. I have a wiring diagram from Monaco, but it doesn’t have any voltages. I wasn’t sure where to start measuring voltages, because I have no idea if there is supposed to be power at the motor when the slide switch is NOT activated etc. it kept me up last night thinking of how to do more thorough measurements when I don’t know squat.
Appreciate any info my email is kiheilesley@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #11

do your jacks work?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slide issues

Yes, the jacks and other electrical systems are working.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco slides non functioing

Thanks for tips guys, but I think I will have to give up. According to the wiring chart from Mark. I should be able to measure 12 volts dc going INTO the slide module box (next to the battery compartment), I am getting zero voltage reading. I hope there is a mobile auto electric guy...because we can’t drive it as is. I could just cry this is so frustrating!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #14

Although I don't remember any connection to the parking brake in the slide control circuit, both your 2004 and my 2008 owner's manuals say the parking brake must be set to move the slides. What's the status of your coach's parking brake?

On my questions from post #9:

Quote:
Do you measure 12V at all times on the output side of the 12V 20A circuit breaker? On both sides of the 5V fuse? At the slideout switches in the monitor panel?
we would expect 12V at all those test points.

Plus, are the coach (house) batteries fully charged? If they are weak, nothing will move (far).

Tags
monaco, slide