Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 04:25 AM   #15
YC1

Paint codes and suppliers have been somewhat of a challenge for years. I just bought two colors from the supplier shown in the pictures. They are a perfect match.

I used a cheap < 10 paint gun from HF. They are on sale all the time and work great.

For the small areas just below the cap on the rear I used a $20 air brush from HF. It came with several bottles and is easy to clean up or just toss the bottles.

I did not spend the hours needed to blend it perfectly but from the ground it looks great and is no longer blistered.

The clear comes in a spray can. It takes a long time for it to harden here in Florida so don't go at it with polish for several days. Of course in the Sacramento Valley you could probably polish it in a few hours.

To prep, I used 600 grit sandpaper wet on the area that was needing minor touch up. The large area on the top of the back cap needed my random orbital and some heavier grit to get it cleaned up. Again, I did not finish it to show room perfection but it looks great versus the bubbled and cracked surface it was.

I built and painted my airplane and it took 4.5 months of hard work to get an award winning finish. Sometimes it'l do is enough as an old friend used to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint Code information from production manager.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	166261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint codes.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	166262  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paint Color Codes.pdf (395.7 KB, 133 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:13 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Myron -
Where did you find that paint-code attachment? I've looked all over and can't get even close.
Thanks!

Ok, never mind. I think I'm on the right path now.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #17

Just for info and furthur to discussion, I needed the paint codes for my 06 Camelot, contacted Monaco gave them my serial number and they provided me with the paint codes for that unit. The body shop then was able to match up. Have a good day!!!
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Paint codes and suppliers have been somewhat of a challenge for years. I just bought two colors from the supplier shown in the pictures. They are a perfect match.

I used a cheap < 10 paint gun from HF. They are on sale all the time and work great.

For the small areas just below the cap on the rear I used a $20 air brush from HF. It came with several bottles and is easy to clean up or just toss the bottles.

I did not spend the hours needed to blend it perfectly but from the ground it looks great and is no longer blistered.

The clear comes in a spray can. It takes a long time for it to harden here in Florida so don't go at it with polish for several days. Of course in the Sacramento Valley you could probably polish it in a few hours.

To prep, I used 600 grit sandpaper wet on the area that was needing minor touch up. The large area on the top of the back cap needed my random orbital and some heavier grit to get it cleaned up. Again, I did not finish it to show room perfection but it looks great versus the bubbled and cracked surface it was.

I built and painted my airplane and it took 4.5 months of hard work to get an award winning finish. Sometimes it'l do is enough as an old friend used to say.
Thanks for the info Myron
Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I went a different route on mine, the fridge access panel just happens to have all 3 coach colors on it. So I took the panel off and went to an Oreillys place that does paint. They used a camera matching system and mixed me up some. Worked great for doing my roof caps. They put some in touch up bottles too and it matches perfect on the rock chips.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
went to the coach today and found my paint code sheet. This is what was used twice to perfectly match the paint on my coach. Tony49 mentioned Industrial Finishes and I notice that is what is listed on my sheet as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170625_125813.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	166346  
Old 06-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Way to go, Spaceball!! What a great idea!

I've been worrying that once I get the right codes, they probably won't be exact anymore since the coach is 11 years old and in the Fl sun most of the time Just looked at the frig door, and I also have all 3 colors on it.

Sometimes it's the simple things in life..

RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #22
YC1

I had some "computer matched" but it did not come back exact. The shop I bought from actually sends out a tech to the shops they serve and match it that way. I guess they can then make tiny changes.

I'm not saying you won't get a match but looking at a pint of the dark metallic it is amazing how much of the metallic I can see with my eyes.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, paint