Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Monaco Service Centers

So, today I talked to the Monaco service center south. They dont work on Roadmaster Chassis. What is up with that?

How can you call yourself a Monaco service center, if you cant actually work on a Monaco chassis?
theBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #2

Hi theBeav; Very interesting! I assume the south service center is the one in Texas, as listed on their web site. Would also be interesting to know if the other 2 service centers have stated the same as what you posted. It would not surprise me at all that REV has made a decision like the one you mentioned. It should say right on Monaco's web site for service centers that we, REV, won't recognize Monaco Coaches that the customer is requesting service on the Roadmaster Chassis within these build years. This is just my opinion but, I don't think of an REV product with the Monaco name on the coach is a real Monaco. The name was just acquired when REV bought the company from Navistar. The technical support lasted for a while, but that is gone also. Will be interesting what other owners with the older Monaco coaches find out when they call and ask for service at an REV/Monaco service center. Times are a changing!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Alliance Coach in Wildwood Fl is a go to source for Monoco. Great Folks.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2Jake View Post
Alliance Coach in Wildwood Fl is a go to source for Monoco. Great Folks.

Agree. They have techs with 20+ years experience who actually worked for Monaco years ago. Alliance is located on a street called Monaco Way. That should tell you everything you need to know.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
X3 for Alliance Coach. We travel mostly in the west and like the Cummins dealer in Coburg, Oregon. The techs came from the now closed Monaco factory that was located nearby and they will work on most anything except the exterior body.
RileyCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #6

I have been told that the Monaco /Rev center in Coburg is absolutely useless.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi theBeav; Very interesting! I assume the south service center is the one in Texas, as listed on their web site. Would also be interesting to know if the other 2 service centers have stated the same as what you posted. It would not surprise me at all that REV has made a decision like the one you mentioned. It should say right on Monaco's web site for service centers that we, REV, won't recognize Monaco Coaches that the customer is requesting service on the Roadmaster Chassis within these build years. This is just my opinion but, I don't think of an REV product with the Monaco name on the coach is a real Monaco. The name was just acquired when REV bought the company from Navistar. The technical support lasted for a while, but that is gone also. Will be interesting what other owners with the older Monaco coaches find out when they call and ask for service at an REV/Monaco service center. Times are a changing!

I have an ‘03 Monaco Signature and was in the Alvarado service center a couple of times over the course of the summer. No problem or question about working on a Roadmaster Chassis.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #8

That's interesting. I asked specifically about roadmaster, and they said they dont work on them. Maybe it was just an idiot on the phone that didn't know what she was talking about.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBeav View Post
That's interesting. I asked specifically about roadmaster, and they said they dont work on them. Maybe it was just an idiot on the phone that didn't know what she was talking about.

If you are talking about the Alvarado, Tx service center, call back and ask to speak to Billy Booth. Billy is the shop manager & very familiar with Roadmaster.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I can't believe they wouldn't work on it, the local Freightliner dealer will.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #11

Monaco Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
If you are talking about the Alvarado, Tx service center, call back and ask to speak to Billy Booth. Billy is the shop manager & very familiar with Roadmaster.
Thanks Steve. I'll do that.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
I have been told that the Monaco /Rev center in Coburg is absolutely useless.
After my last time dealing with them I kind of have to agree. They have really gone down hill.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #13

Well, one thing I know from personal experience is the REV Group factory in Decatur, IN is not only incompetent, at least one of their employees had sticky fingers and you have to be really persistent and hold their feet to the fire to get them to honor their 90 day warranties.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Been to the Alvarado center twice and while Billy seemed sincere and helpful, I shouldn't have had to push that hard to get them to stand by their work.... it's was a different excuse each day... I go to Quality Rv Solutions - a smaller shop, but the owner is on site and very, very helpful (on second thought, don't call them, I don't want them to get too busy )

Tags
monaco, service