Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand your wanting to change from a very simple and accessible dual switch on the driver's armrest to a much less visible location on the floor.

What am I missing?
What you are missing is if one prefers to manually engage the engine brake no need to take hands off the wheel, just activate with left foot. And brake remains activated as long as the left pedal is depressed. Good way to disengage cruise, just tap left pedal. I have had this feature for 14 years. Works for me.
Eaglesview is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesview View Post
What you are missing is if one prefers to manually engage the engine brake no need to take hands off the wheel, just activate with left foot. And brake remains activated as long as the left pedal is depressed. Good way to disengage cruise, just tap left pedal. I have had this feature for 14 years. Works for me.

I concur with Eaglesview. I had a previous coach with a rocker switch on/off switch & for me, the foot switch is much superior. No interference with cruise control & you can coast without having to feather the throttle to keep the brake from coming on.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #17

Curt,
I sent you an email with my wiring diagram. I will go out and look at the coach tomorrow to verify that it is actually like the diagram shows. Like others have pointed out, it works when you want it and not when you don't want it. I also like to use it to disengage the cruise control instead of using the brake pedal, a slight tap of the jake brake switch and there is nothing noticeable other than the cruise going off. If I use the brake pedal it seems as though the brakes actually engage some before the cruise shuts off.

Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman018 View Post
Curt,
I sent you an email with my wiring diagram. I will go out and look at the coach tomorrow to verify that it is actually like the diagram shows. Like others have pointed out, it works when you want it and not when you don't want it. I also like to use it to disengage the cruise control instead of using the brake pedal, a slight tap of the jake brake switch and there is nothing noticeable other than the cruise going off. If I use the brake pedal it seems as though the brakes actually engage some before the cruise shuts off.

Dave
Dave

That is how my Executive worked also and that is what i want to do with this one.
I will study the wiring diagram.

Thanks
Curt
05 Sig
Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #19

Pac brake foot toggle

I have the pac brake I would also like to put a foot activated switch I find hitting the toggle troublesome I like to have it off when I drive most of the time and on when in traffic going down hills what switch works best old stile hi low beam.

Buxtonworks
Monaco Kight 30pbd Allison mh3000
buxtonworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:19 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxtonworks View Post
I have the pac brake I would also like to put a foot activated switch I find hitting the toggle troublesome I like to have it off when I drive most of the time and on when in traffic going down hills what switch works best old stile hi low beam.

Buxtonworks
Monaco Kight 30pbd Allison mh3000
Buxtonworks

This is the type of foot switch I had in my Executive.
PacBrake Exhaust Brake Foot Switch - C11745

Curt
05 Sig.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM   #21

Pac brake foot toggle

Thanks not seeing anything on the web do you have a product name
buxtonworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:04 PM   #22

Monaco Sig Jake Brake foot switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by buxtonworks View Post
Thanks not seeing anything on the web do you have a product name

Linemaster Switch Corporation
Part Number 491-SC36
P. O. Box 238
29 Plaine Hill Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
860-974-1000
www.linemaster.com

Try these folks
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:31 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
A Google image search found:

Pacbrake C11745 Exhaust Brake Foot Switch - OC DIESEL

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #24

Curt,

I looked at your drawing closer and it is different than mine for sure. I will do some more research and see if I can help out. Does yours just automatically come on when you let up on the throttle, if so I can understand why you want it changed??? I only have the one switch with high and low and then the foot switch.

Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Linemaster 491-S with no wires and Linemaster 491-SC3 with 8' cord. Prices vary quite a bit, so it pays to look around. This is the same switch Monaco used when they installed floor switches.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman018 View Post
Curt,

I looked at your drawing closer and it is different than mine for sure. I will do some more research and see if I can help out. Does yours just automatically come on when you let up on the throttle, if so I can understand why you want it changed??? I only have the one switch with high and low and then the foot switch.

Dave
I have the two switches, Hi/ low and a Jake off and on. I'm trying to set it up so I can use the the arm rest switch or the foot switch.
Yes I saw that yours was different than mine.
If I have the switch on, it comes

on when I take my foot off the throttle. I have to have it off to use the cruise control.
I can have the setting changed for the jake brake settings at Cummins.

Curt
05 Sig.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #27

You may have the same as 2004 Dyn. I added the togle red switch in the side panel. There was the prep cable and socket inside. Just connected and now I have foot and hand seitches. Bought Carling from Monaco trailer.
Dominguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
The ON/OFF switch on the driver's dash has two wires.

The momentary Linemaster Switch to use on the floor will have two wires.

Here is a link to the Linemaster Switch. Make sure to wire it in the Normally Open position so that when you step on the switch it closes the switch. When you remove your foot the switch opens.

Momentary Linemaster Switch

Pretty simple to wire it in parallel since there are only two wires.

There should be two different colored wires such as one red and one white. One of those is the positive and the other is the negative. Just use a DVOM to figure out which one is the 12 VDC + and -.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, monaco, switch