RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I understand the part about your rig being under warrenty, but you TV has its own through Sharp. One thing I have heard about LCDs are cold dose effect them, and so dose alttitude. I personaly would contact Sharp about your problem. Good luck.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I know. I am pursuing that avenue as well. So far, no response.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
LCD TVs and Plasmas are often confused. Cold and altitude affect Plasmas because they are technically a gas (much like Bob and Dirk ).

The L in LCD is for Liquid which is not affected by altitude. LCDs are safe to -40F. I live in Buffalo so I have to worry about this.

The other hit on Plasma is power consumption. LCDs use little power while Plasmas use a very high amount of power(amps) to run.

There are other factors like burn in, production costs and repair costs that will probably see Plasma go away as an offering for TVs.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have the same Sharp Aquos 32 in our coach. It seems to have the same dark picture sometimes. I found that on the lower flip panel that there is a AV mode button that lets you change the picture mode from Movie, game, Dynamic Fixed and Ect. Try it. It sometimes helps.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by Drifter:
We have the same Sharp Aquos 32 in our coach. It seems to have the same dark picture sometimes. I found that on the lower flip panel that there is a AV mode button that lets you change the picture mode from Movie, game, Dynamic Fixed and Ect. Try it. It sometimes helps.
"Lower flip panel"?? Heh heh, mine is in a framed cabinet that even covers 50 to 60 percent of the speakers, so if there's a flip panel at the bottom, I can't get to it. Can that function be accessed via the remote?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
The lower flip up panel/lid is on the remote control. Pull it up and you will find an AV Mode button. Press it repeatedly and it will cycle through all of the AV modes. Once you select a mode then you can press the "Menu" button on your remote to access the "Picture" settings to change the settings for that mode. One of the modes "User" is good for customizing the way you want without changing the other modes.

Bill
Old 12-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolJourney:
The lower flip up panel/lid is on the remote control.
Ah, that would explain it....
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I find it amzing whatever the TV they install in these coaches, mine is a tube type RCA ( junk ) found the same TV at wal mart for less than $200. Thats sad considering what we pay for these rigs and they cannot take the time and effort to work with manufacturers on issues with them inside a motorhome.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #23

That $200 tube TV will have a better picture than any LCD or plasma UNLESS you are watching a Digital or HD channel. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's not good. The few digital and HD tube TV's will absolutely blow away and other format.
I have a 20" tube TV upfront and I would like to replace it, but the quality of LCD leaves me flat. Once everything goes digital in 2009 (no, everything is not going HD, only digital) I will either get a converter or see if I can find a good similar sized tube TV so I can continue to get the best possible picture. My guess is that I am going to have to downgrade to an LCD flat screen but I am going to try to avoid it if I can.
If you are an HD fan and want to buy all the necessary hardware to make it all work you are almost certainly going to have a flat screen.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,
Hey, thanks for telling us about the AV mode under the flip panel on the control. I didn't even know it was there. I guess I should read the TV's instruction booklet. Hmmmm....but wait, this is even easier! I'll just let other good folks on irv2 tell me about it. Did I hear someone say leach?
Cheers,

Tom aka:
AKBrick
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I checked the settings on the remote. I had adjusted them using the menu button above. No difference. Still looks muddy and darker then it should.

Good idea - just did not work in my case.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
...I just PM'ed you ...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
What a clever place to hide those additional buttons. I would have never looked there. Thanks!
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Lukeaa..
How is the rig now that you have taken delivery!!?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote