RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
From my memory as I am not near the coach, all of those button functions are available through the menu system too. I believe their purpose is more of a shortcut while watching a movie/game.

Regarding, tube TV vs. LCD. I had mentioned before about different TVs have different upconverters. This means they take a 480i signal/show and make it appear to have higher resolution.

A high end TV w/a poor upconverter solution will make a standard definition picture look worse than on a standard tube TV. For example, ESPNEWS is broadcast in standard 480i. It looks better on the tube TV in the back bedroom than it does on the Sharp outside and the factory Sony 26" TV in the overhead.

This is because the ultra high resoltion exposes all the rough edges.

Sharp's Aquos do not upconvert well at all. My standard definition picture is dark and fuzzy too. This is one way to fake how bad the picture looks. However, HD looks great, (720p and 1080i)

Sony has the best upconverters in my opinion and in other reviews. However, not all Sony TVs have the same upconverters. You have to get the XBR2 or higher line.

That same ESPNEWS picture looks great on the XBR2 I have mid-ship that I bought myself and installed.

JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #30

We have the Sharp 32in lcd tv in the Neptune and along with it beeing very dark I also have to have the sound cranked all the way up to hear it. I adjusted the TV back to all Default settings as it was the display RV at the pomona show and the TV was on all the time as the saleman had it adjusted to the max on several settings. Anyone have trouble with volume?

wdbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I have a 2007 Dynasty with the Sharp TVs. The one in the bedroom has a volume issue. I have to crank it all the way up to hear it. Anyone have a guess as to why this is?
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally posted by wdbates:
We have the Sharp 32in lcd tv in the Neptune and along with it beeing very dark I also have to have the sound cranked all the way up to hear it. I adjusted the TV back to all Default settings as it was the display RV at the pomona show and the TV was on all the time as the saleman had it adjusted to the max on several settings. Anyone have trouble with volume?
You do know that you need to turn on the sound system, right? Also, at least in mine, there are two toggle switches located in the cabinet above the driver that turn the coach speakers on and off; one for the front coach speakers and the other for the bedroom speakers. You might want to check both of these out.

Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote