Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Monaco Vesta ice maker shut off

Recently purchased a 2012 35ft Vesta. We are new to the RVing world and need some advice on two issues.
The ice maker is not working. Went thru owners manual check list and looking for the shut off value. Any help out there?
Other issue is I keep blowing my brake light light fuse. Thoughts?

Thanxs for the help!
sobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
on the back of the fridge (from the outside access panel) there should be a water valve. close it, disconnect the fridge and ensure water comes out. (low/no water pressure will not make ice). If water is good, verify the switch inside the fridge is turned on, and nothing is blocking the 'stop making ice bar' and the catch basin is installed correctly.

blown fuse, usually a sign of a short. Look around the lights, and wires for a pinch or broken insulation. These can occur anywhere and be tricky to find. DO NOT put a larger fuse in, as it could create a fire.
jbreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
What kind of ice maker are you asking about? You fridge? Is it a residential fridge?
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Some ice maker require the freezer be down to a certain temp. before it starts making ice. This can be a lone as 6-8 hrs from the start up time of the fridge.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #5

+1 on the advice to check the water shut-off valve behind the refridgerator access panel located on the outside of the RV. Be sure the valve is open and the ice-maker bar in the freezer is in the down position to make ice. I also remember reading that the ice maker won't work unless the RV is plugged into a 120v source -- it won't work on 12V as you are driving down the road.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Thanxs for the response.
The outside panel exposes the A/C plug for the refrigerator and the ice maker and has the female attachment for the water supply line. The water line is coming from the direction of the bottom. So there is no shut off valve in this compartment. I looked in the compartment directly below the refrigerator (inside the unit) and there is nothing readily exposed.
The owners manual shows the same and refers to closing off the shut off value but it doesn't indicate where to look.
We own the Monaco VESTA, so it may be specific to this model...
Old 06-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
On my unit - there is a small valve located at the end of the supply line - a smaller - clear water line leaves this valve and goes to the solenoid located on the back of the refer.

Jon Barnes
2012 Vesta 2012
Jon Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the response.
I see where the supply line screws into "something" and then a small clear line wrapped in, I guess heat tape, enters the back of the frige/freezer. You believe this is the shut off valve?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #9

We have a 2011 Vesta 32. You didn't mention if you are using 120 or propane. Our manual indicates that you must be using AC to run the ice maker.
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Barnes View Post
On my unit - there is a small valve located at the end of the supply line - a smaller - clear water line leaves this valve and goes to the solenoid located on the back of the refer.
+1 on looking for this valve, which might be located under the fridge, accessible only from inside. You might have to remove a few screws to open the access panel below the fridge. I know you said you looked there, but now you know what to look for... Look for a turn-off valve at the end of a PEX tubing. One end of the valve is on the PEX cold-water supply line and the other end is on the small clear tubing that leads to the compartment behind the fridge accessible from outside.

Here are a few pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Icemaker Shut-off Valve 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	484.0 KB
ID:	64664

Click image for larger version

Name:	Icemaker Shut-off Valve 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	64665

Hope this helps.
Retd_ontheRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Fred from Ga Send a message via MSN to Fred from Ga Send a message via Yahoo to Fred from Ga
When I turned on the ice maker in our OLD HR Imperial it made about two or three batches of ice cubes. I left it on all night to see if it would fill up the bucket and cut off. Next morning when I checked it the bucket was half full of frozen water. There was a shallow depression where the water had ran over the cube tray in the freezer section. Could this be caused by the maker not being level? The first two or three batches of cubes were perfect.
Fred from Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
So an update from the problem with the Ice Maker and the Brake fuse that i posted in May...
I took my 2012 35' Vesta to the Monaco Service Center in Indiana. To access the shut off valve for the ice make, fully extent the front slid. The valve is located on the left wall looking at the refrigerator, not under or behind frig.

I'm still having issues with the fuse blowing for the brake lights. I currently have the vehicle at the Service Center in Indiana and they are having problems locating the problem. Let me know if anyone else had a similiar issue...

Tags
monaco