RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I took my coach to the dealer for 19 warranty items on January 17, 2009. I took delivery of the coach May 20, 2008, so I still have about 4 months left on the warranty. The Dealer has been attemtping to get the parts from Monaco since September 30, 2008 so that work could begin on the coach as soon as I took it in. Everytime the Dealer checks on the parts, the Monaco system says the parts are on "backorder". The parts in question are: a left side camera, outside stereo, and the care-free awning fabric (ours has a hole in it). Now that the dealer is waiting on the parts to install, the parts person called Monaco and was told that "due to credit problems Monaco is having, they will be unable to supply the necessary parts." The dealership was not given any other informations except to try and get the parts directly from the suppliers.

Well, I guess that answers just how bad things are at Monaco. Has anyone else experienced similar issues. Does anyone have an idea on correcting future issues that go wrong with the coach?

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is it possible that this is a credit problem between the dealer and Monaco? I know how things work, it maybe warranty parts for you but if the dealer owes Monaco, they will cut them off.

-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
There seems to be a lot of mixed messages from lots of people regarding their current experiences with Monaco. It's in every Monaco owners best interest for them to get through this...let's hope!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Gramps, I suppose the problem could be the dealer. But, I have traded with the dealer for more than 10 years, they are the only Monaco Dealer in Alabama, have not laid anyone off, still have a Camping World affiliation, opening a KOA Campground this spring, does not floorplan the units on the floor, and opened a 2nd location last November. Monaco stock is trading at 52 cents, closed many locations, laid off thousands of employees, is being threatened by Wall Street about not meeting the minimum requirements to stay listed etc. etc.

I hope Monaco survives, I just think they should stand behind thier products until they close the doors and file bankruptcy protection.

I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Has anyone else experienced this type problem?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
This past quarter was Monaco's year end. They are a publicly traded company. They would want to have the smallest inventory possible (no parts) and the most amount of cash possible.

Wall street is a cruel place this year and they don't care about customer satisfaction for tomorrow, they care about numbers for today. Most suppliers supply many manufacturers and they have or are putting most manufacturers on COD plus any unpaid invoices prior to shipment. CODs burn lots of cash in a time of cash presevation.

Above are only guesses on my part, but plausible!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Is it possible that this is a credit problem between the dealer and Monaco?

I have spoken to a reliable source that has indicated to me that the above is not the case. You can figure the rest of this simple puzzle out for yourself.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I'm sorry to report that Massey's Diesel in Phoenix has taken Monaco to the bad credit burough. They told me that they are not doing anymore freebies for anyone because Monaco has not paid them for any warrenty work done by them. This is NOT a good thing.

AKBrick
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I've been told that Monaco is on a credit hold with most of their suppliers... It's a sad state right now....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I received a part yesteday. Monaco ordered it from the vender and had it sent to the dealer.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I wonder if the problem is isolated to a few vendors? If all vendors had ceased sending parts, how could they continue sending parts. In our situation, the three missing parts came from three different vendors. I am told by the Dealer that the camera and outside entertainment center will arrive next week and the Carefree awning fabric may take 2 weeks. Apparently, it has to be manufactured. By the way, the supplier for the stereo is upgrading to a Marine series Kenwood. That has to be better than the unit that came in the coach.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #11

I've been dealing with Monaco first hand with some things...Yes they are on credit hold with some vendors because no has been there to do the bills...the furlough is still holding...they are working with all dealers to get them parts or have dealers talk to supplier directly. The furlough went to all not just the line workers. And they have a skeleton crew for parts/support/warranty. I just hope when this furlough is over is will be back to business as usual.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
This makes sense, but all of the parts needed including the three missing parts were ordered around Sept 30, 2008. I don't think they have been on furlough this long.

Maybe input on how long it takes on average to get all the bugs worked out of a MH would help eliminate some of my stress. In each of the prior TT's and 5th wheel experiences, after the first trip back to the dealer for warranty work, I did not have to go back for more warranty repairs. I know that systems in a MH are much more sophisticated than those in TT's and 5th wheels, but most of the items with the MH are components that could be on any type ot level RV. For example, the black tank flush, water leak in the rear curbside slide, dirty carpet, broken fantastic fan, stereo broken, hole in awning, stop nut on awning missing, slide-out roller broken, not to mention the MH items like the windshield slipping down on the px side, both drivers and PX side windows leaking, roof sealant missing or coming loose, rear air/heatpump support braket punturing the roof fiberglass, etc., etc., etc. Maybe these things are normal, but I never had this much trouble with RV's that cost a lot less.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
UPDATE:

I emailed Monaco Warranty Dept this monring. Brian, from Monaco, called me a few minutes ago. He had my file pulled up on his computer. He updated me on some of the "issues" they are having with some of the vendors. While they work through this, they did ask my dealer to contact the vendors directly. He did confirm shipment of the camera and radio to the dealer and was waiting on the awning shipment date from Carefree.

This was a very nice phone call. I felt that Brian did have a genuine concern for me and the problems I am having with the coach. That says a lot. He ask me to email him both punch list that I gave the dealer (both times the coach was in for warranty repairs). He was going to review them, and if necessary, discuss them with the Dealer. He also said he was placing a copy of both punch lists in my file.

While I do not believe everything is OK with Monaco, I do feel better that apparently someone does care about me and my RV problem. Lets hope Monaco can make it through the tough times.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #14

I also have had direct phone conversations with Monaco...and although I don't have my coach back yet from the shop, I know where everything stands and believe they sincerely care about me. I'm sure that somehow Monaco will work things out but patience is going to be required.

bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote