Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Wiring

I'm trying to install a printer in the passenger side overhead cabinet in my Knight.

Power to the outlets in the passenger side slide comes from the "bedroom" breaker in the main panel, not the inverter!

Oddly, the outlets in the drivers side BR slide comes from the inverter and is hot all the time. But the cabinet isn't deep enough to hold my printer!!!

Does the interter power run through the wiring / water heater cabinet in the closet, or anywhere back there where I can reach it?
Under the bed maybe?

I'd really like my printer to be able to be on all the time.....
I've got every schematic I could find, and none rally show the house 120vac very well.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Perhaps this diagram may help…

Dennis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 38070841a (CHART, 120VAC 50A W INVERTER 38PBD).pdf (129.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Dennis, I appreciate the help. And I do have that diagram for my 08 knight 40sqk. And it shows me nothing I don't all ready know. The outlets above the nightstand go to the bedroom breaker in the main panel, not to the inverter circuit.

What I need to do is rewire those outlets into the inverter circuit.
But where oh where can I find it?

I imagine it is not in the box under the bed, but I can check easy enough.
I'd guess it is not in the rear "box" where the breaker panel is, just no need for it to be there.

I know the inverter circuit is in the bathroom, and it's also in the road side bedroom slide, but no idea how to reach out and touch it.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #4

JimM68, I just looked at your model in the monaco acrchives and I see that your Mod has the passenger side kitchen, the microwave should be on an inverted circuit, might want to double check that one. If you are trying to mount the printer on the drivers side, your bedroom TV should also be inverted. If you use electrical PVC you can run along the frame rails with a circuit. You should be able to chase the wires through the exsiting flexable looms for the slide action. Hope this helps.

George
Old 03-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Helps some George, thanks.

Plan was to put in the pass side slide, but it won't fit in the cabinet. :(

So somehow I need to get inverter power into the pass side b/r slide.
Don't think it will be happening before we leave Saturday :(
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #6

Jim, is you inverter located right under the slide, if so and IF you are only going to run the printer on the new line (very low draw) maybe you could just add an electrical juction box to one of the circuits coming out of the inverter and feed the romex trough the slide flex cable. Hope this helps.

George

Tags
monaco, wiring