Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I installed a Wilson Trucker using the old CB antenna mount without a problem. I did discover that the antenns ground plane radials are very fragile. Broke one off after clipping a tree branch on the first trip.

Antenna still works great when used with a Verizon MC760 Data Card and a Cradle Point CTR35 Router for 3G WiFi coverage
wheato22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
So how do you connect that Wilson antenna to your cellphone????
A few years ago I had a cell phone... and a wireless card, with ports for external antenna. Haven't seen one in a while. There are companies that make a booster amp for the inside of coach (or building), but when I changed cell phones I never bothered.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #17

Mike,
I have the Wilson Truck antenna and it really helps reception in poor cell locations. For years, I've tethered my laptop to my verizon cell phones for my internet connection and it works great.
Connecting the cell phone to the antenna depends on type of phone you have. Some phones have an external antenna connection and you buy an adaptor for the antenna cable. Some phones don't and I've gone to a device called the Sleek. You connect the antenna to the Sleek and it's like a cradle that holds the phone and amps the signal. The disadvantage to the Sleek is that you have to use the phone in the cradle.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
Mike,
I have the Wilson Truck antenna and it really helps reception in poor cell locations. For years, I've tethered my laptop to my verizon cell phones for my internet connection and it works great.
Connecting the cell phone to the antenna depends on type of phone you have. Some phones have an external antenna connection and you buy an adaptor for the antenna cable. Some phones don't and I've gone to a device called the Sleek. You connect the antenna to the Sleek and it's like a cradle that holds the phone and amps the signal. The disadvantage to the Sleek is that you have to use the phone in the cradle.
Interesting... a lot simpler than the older amp systems.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Hendrik,

Hope you and Harry have fun at Bills shock party. Bill tells me he will be the tool fetcher and you the down under guy. Guess Harry will supervise.

Bob
Antenna party was cancelled - I need projects to attend while travelling and this is the only one I have at present. Can't share this or I will become restless.

Shock party went ahead and with great success:

The 2 supervisors are checking up on the quality of the product about to be installed. It passed and went on into the production department.

The mechanics are on the job. Notice the skinny apprentice thrown under the RV by the 2 supervisors.

Here the company's 2 most competent mechanics are showing of their unlimited skills.

All in all a very enjoyable day.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Henrick, I have seen a number of these cell antennas mounted on the off-air Wineguard TV antennas. Mounted so that it is up top when parked, but retracted while on the road.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Danes Are Coming View Post
Antenna party was cancelled - I need projects to attend while travelling and this is the only one I have at present. Can't share this or I will become restless.

Shock party went ahead and with great success:

The 2 supervisors are checking up on the quality of the product about to be installed. It passed and went on into the production department.

The mechanics are on the job. Notice the skinny apprentice thrown under the RV by the 2 supervisors.

Here the company's 2 most competent mechanics are showing of their unlimited skills.

All in all a very enjoyable day.
Hendrik,

I would love to see the photos but they are not showing up. I just see a red x where the photo should be. Not sure if I am missing a plug in or something. What format did you post them in?

Understand about needing things to do. I have the same disease.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I see the photos OK at my end. I will try and post them again here.

Can you see them now?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Henrick, I have seen a number of these cell antennas mounted on the off-air Wineguard TV antennas. Mounted so that it is up top when parked, but retracted while on the road.

Ken

Hi Ken

I have see pictures of this on IRV2. I think I would still prefer the antenna to be fixed to the roof even though it means drilling a hole in the roof.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Danes Are Coming View Post
I see the photos OK at my end. I will try and post them again here.

Can you see them now?
Yes I see them now. Love the knee pads.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #25
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I will drill a hole in any one Else's vehicle, regardless of year, make or model.

However, when it comes to my own - no way.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I will drill a hole in any one Else's vehicle, regardless of year, make or model.

I knew you would drill a hole in my RV if I asked you.

If you ask me I will come and drill a hole in yours - that's what friends are for

Old 01-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
my spring mounted radio antenna is the highest thing on my roof... It is my tree branch finder... Here in Indiana we have trees. One block from my spot is the first. Then there are tree tunnels in all directions when I leave my neighborhood to go to the 4 lane. The trees grow 1 to 3 feet a year. They are only trimmed by UPS truck or an occasional semi. I lost my refrig vent last year. I drive down the middle of the road but had to get over due to oncoming traffic. Thank goodness the King Dome is on the other side... I would mount it on the TV antenna like TXiceman said.
TDiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Tags
antenna, roof