Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #1

multi function switch

I own a 93 Monaco signature and am having an electrical problem which i think involves the multi function switch.
My rear brake lights are not working but my rear turn signals are. The rear lights also work at night when the headlights are on. When i turn my flashers on only the front lights flash. I have a schematic of the #10 column plug thanks to Thom and Christine from their blog and it is showing that everything that is located on the right side of the switch is not functioning.
I checked fusees and all is well. Tried removing shroud around steering column but could not remove the red flasher stub. I guess i am going to have to pull the steering wheel.
Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated. Hate to pull the steering wheel if i don't need to.
I forgot to mention that i tried the wd40 trick and unfortunately didn't succeed.
shadowfax51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
what steering column is in it? (Ford, Chevrolet, ect?).
Old 08-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #3

Im not sure. I called Monaco in Wildwood FL and the guy i spoke to wasn't sure either. He gave me some other tips to try and i am going to do that this weekend. If i have to i will pull the steering wheel. It will be a new learning experience!!!!!!!!!Thanks for your response.
shadowfax51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #4

I had a 2001 Monaco Diplomat with a smart wheel that had signal and brake lights problems. The brake and signal lights were on seperate circuits but there seemed to be some interaction between the two circuits when there should not be. I traced all the voltages and everything pointed to a problem at the back of the coach. It turned out to be the 5 to 4 wire converter module had an internal fault thus causing the improper interaction between the two different circuits.

I needed the conversion because my toad had a 4 wire system (brake and signal light using the same bulb circuit). The 5 to 4 wire converter was physically positioned right by the 7 pin plug at the rear of the coach.

Just a thought. Don't know if this is related to your problem (perhaps not) but it might help to look at that device before pulling the steering wheel.

Can't help with the steering wheel removal - never did that.

Good luck.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Add a test external ground to the tail lights and recheck....sounds like a grounding issue possibly too....that is quick and easy to do with just a short piece of wire
Old 08-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #6

shadowfax51
Try a post on Monacoers : Monacoers
OR search the old messages there.
Mel
'96 Sahara
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote