Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2017, 08:17 PM   #1

Multi Function Switch (turn signal cruise wipers)

good evening again from sunny mexico, while taking it easy I have been repairing or improving my coach. I HAVE A PROBLEN with the high beam switch after checking I am down to the switch, the symptom is I have no high beam nothing at the light nothing at the fuse box not having a diagram I have to work back. in any case does anyone knows the replacement part and availability of the switch.
thanks

george
1996 Windsor 36
aventuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Typically the power comes from the fuse box (from a circuit breaker labeled "headlights") to the headlight switch then through the headlight switch to the high/low beam switch.

Do your headlights work on low beam?

Do you have a circuit breaker or fuse labeled "high beam" as you said "you have no power at fuse box".

On my coach, there is one circuit breaker for Headlights and there is a terminal strip (located in front Run Bay compartment) with studs/wires labeled "Lo Beam" and "Hi Beam", so the power flow is through circuit breaker to headlight switch, from head light switch to hi/low beam switch, from that switch power goes to the terminal strip and you would be able to test for power (using a 12V test light or voltmeter) at the terminal strip while switching from hi to lo beams.

I know your post asked if anyone knows the part number for the hi/low beam switch. I can't help with that, but if you could post a picture of the switch, there may be someone else who will recognise it and be able to help.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #3

thanks for response, i have no power for high beam only, when i press the hi beam switch nothing press again and low beam comes back, failing to repair it i will rewire the system with relays and an old foot switch but i prefer to keep original, mine is a 1996 all the fuse and relays are under the dash in a compartment below the radio. i have changed the headlight sw. last year and all was fine the coach has also have running light being a model sold in Canada,
thanks for advice i will dig deeper

george

Windsor 1996 36 ft.
aventuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi George! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sounds like a bad headlight switch! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch