Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My first call to Monaco support

I have had my Camelot for 5 months and have had relatively few problems, and all that I had I could fix myself. However, today I lost all power on all the outlets in the coach. The microwave, ceiling fan etc. still worked. I did the usual quick check: power in, OK. GFI, all OK.

Now where? I had no idea where to look. So, I got my manual out, called the Monaco support line, and was immediately put through to a technician. He was very knowledgeable and quickly walked me to finding one of the main circuit breakers on the inverter that had popped. A quick reset, and all was well again.

So, I'm sorry I don't have a warranty but I am very glad to still have access to the support department. I have no idea how long it would have taken me to find that breaker on the inverter!

Thanks, Monaco LLC.

== John
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
LOL... John..that was going to be my first suggestion! You could have posted here and gotten the answer ...maybe even faster than the call took you!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
John,
If run a cube heater and coffee pot don't use the toaster. That is when I found out about the 20A circuit breakers on the inverter. Two out of the three work just fine. I just can't seem to get more than 20A out of that breaker. Hmmm.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
John.......Whenever you lose power in the coach, while running on shore power, check for problems in this order: 1st - Inverter cicuit breakers, 2nd - GFCI's inside the coach, 3rd - 110v circuit breakers (house type) in breaker panel, 4th - If you get to here, you'll really have to start looking.

If you're running on the generator, check #1 above first and then go to the circuit breaker on the front of the generator.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #5

So here we have someone who has a problem and does what most people would do, call the tech line for Monaco. Problem quickly solved. Then after posting he is basically told he wasn't too smart and should have either figured it out himself, or just posted here. What a great way to make people feel good about posting to the forums.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm with you Bob. I, like John, had a good first time calling Monaco recently. I needed a part and they even e-mailed me a parts photo so that I could be certain to get the right part.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldOldBob View Post
So here we have someone who has a problem and does what most people would do, call the tech line for Monaco. Problem quickly solved. Then after posting he is basically told he wasn't too smart and should have either figured it out himself, or just posted here. What a great way to make people feel good about posting to the forums.
Actually BOB i have no problems with any of the replies. They showed me others had the same problem and gave hints on how to handle similar issues in the future. I'll take my answers to questions from any and all sources, it is all appreciated.

FWIW, I did not feel like I was treated as "not smart" nor did I have a problem with any of the replies.

== John, with all my 110V circuits active
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #8

John- you have that rare, but very useful quality- an open mind.
I'd have one too, if I could find the key.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
John, thanks for the above post. I hope I didn't offend you. I was just giving you the benefit of what I've run into. There have been too many times that I've had to run out in my chonies (not a pretty picture) in the cold of the night to find which circuit breaker blew.

I've always had good luck when I've called Monaco for info. In an emergency/time crunch I call them. When it can wait, I usually come here. If MonacoMama and her intel source (SacsTc) don't have the answer, they usually hunt it down.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote