Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #1

I have noticed on occasion a few water drips comming into the front cabin of the RV on my 1997 Monaco Dynasty. This only occurs when the RV is parked a certain way when raining or during really bad rains. I have already taken care of the back water leak over the bed. I guess over a period of time the weather stripping under the a/c unit settled and the seal was not tight anymore. I dis-assembled , removed the a/c unit in the back, cleaned and retightened and that cured the small leakage through the rear a/c vent over the bed. The front leak seems to be driping water from the first flouresent light, not often but it is still bothersome. I have been up on my roof and I will say that the factory sealant or coatings over and around the accesories items is dryed out, shifted and cracked.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to sealers or sealants. Ones prefferably that can be applied in the cooler weather 40-60 degrees?
How about a cleaning agent or stripping agent for the old sealant?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #2

I have noticed on occasion a few water drips comming into the front cabin of the RV on my 1997 Monaco Dynasty. This only occurs when the RV is parked a certain way when raining or during really bad rains. I have already taken care of the back water leak over the bed. I guess over a period of time the weather stripping under the a/c unit settled and the seal was not tight anymore. I dis-assembled , removed the a/c unit in the back, cleaned and retightened and that cured the small leakage through the rear a/c vent over the bed. The front leak seems to be driping water from the first flouresent light, not often but it is still bothersome. I have been up on my roof and I will say that the factory sealant or coatings over and around the accesories items is dryed out, shifted and cracked.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to sealers or sealants. Ones prefferably that can be applied in the cooler weather 40-60 degrees?
How about a cleaning agent or stripping agent for the old sealant?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I hope you installed a new gasket under the AC unit.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same problem with a leak in the front of my 01 Dynasty, under certain conditions, water runs out of the TV cabinet onto the dash...I am pretty sure my leak is coming in through my roof top satallite...I plan to take it off and seal it also...so, what sealers are preferred???
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #5

You may also want to check the condition of the amber clearance lights above the windshield. Over time, the plastic cracks and/or the gasket dries out. A temporary fix is to put a little clear silicon over any cracks or gaskets. Monaco sells the lenses (and gaskets, I think) on their website.

Apparently this is a routine replacement item.
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Andy,
I bought a good product made by Geocel at Camping World. It is called "ProFlexRV" Flexible Sealant. It comes in a tube that you put in a gun type applicator. It does not dry but gets a good film over it and remains flexible. I've used it for sealing roof joints and it is good for around vents and anything on the roof. RV service centers use it too.
Good luck,
AKBrick
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #7

Thanks AKBrick.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #8

I sealed everything with Eternabond tape, don't have to worry about leaks at those joints.

Carl
Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The Tape is the way to go. But sometimes it is in an area that is painted. What to do then?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #10

On my last MH I painted the tape with the touch up paint and it blended in really well. Unless you knew it was there, you won't have noticed it.

Carl