Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My slides have gone crazy ... Help!

Hello all,

I have lost control of my slides.

2007 Diplomat 40sft

A bit of background ... I just recently had my Magnum inverter/charger repaired for a failed charger ... they replaced a control board and all is well.

Prior to the repair the house battery bank was depleted. Not knowing the batteries had been depleted I attempted to bring in the slides. At first they didn't respond and then they started going crazy. We would push the button for curbside rear and the roadside slide would go out, etc.

In any case I currently have no control of my slides ... any button I push to control any of the three slides (Diplomat 40sft) simply sends the extend signal to the road side full wall slide.

I believe the slide control panel may be the culprit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Might try to disconnect power to the controller to reset it. kind of a reboot.

Mike

Old 10-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
Might try to disconnect power to the controller to reset it. kind of a reboot.

Mike
Any idea which plug I should pull?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
possibly the house bat disconnect, if you can't find a fuse for controller. most likely a circuit breaker
Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
teamchambers,

Do you have a wiring diagram for your coach and can you confirm that there is just one control board for all slides? I think that there should be two or maybe three control boards for your slides. I am sure the bedroom slide is electric and it must have a control board with relays. The front curb side slide is electric I think, it was on our 2007 Endeavor configured like your coach, and the full wall slide is of course hydraulic. There are very different control schemes between the electric and hydraulic slides. I suggest you locate the control boards/circuits for each slide and then unplug and replug all associated wiring connectors and relays. The electric slides have low current 12v signals that control relays that in turn send high 12v current to the slide motors. I never really fooled with the hydraulic full wall slide from the control side so don't know with the scheme is there.

I guess it is possible that all the slides are controlled from one board but is doesn't seem logical, but then again lots of things aren't logical on these coaches. I just recently had problems with one of the rear electric slides in our coach and ultimately solved it by plugging in a loose connector. Biggest problem was finding the control board - fix was easy.

I will look to see if I can find the electric schematics I once had for our Endeavor and see what they show. Good luck and hope this is helpful - this sounds like an unusual problem.

Lew
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I will try cycling the power.

When I was originally having the problem I spoke with a Monaco Tech and he directed me to a black box in the battery compartment ... He said it was the Slide control panel ... I didn't think at the time to ask if it controlled all the slides or just a couple.

I have found some circuit breakers labeled Drivers Side S/O, Passenger Side S/O, etc. I am going to check all of those c/b's and cycle the power etc. in the next few hours.

I am thinking that when I tried to bring in the slides with nearly dead batteries and a malfunctioning battery charger I fried the relays on the control board?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I cycled the power and checked all the circuit breakers.

No Luck

I called Monaco Tech support and confirmed that for this particular coach there is only ONE control board for the slide.

I ordered a new one and it should be here in the next few days.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamchambers View Post
I cycled the power and checked all the circuit breakers.

No Luck

I called Monaco Tech support and confirmed that for this particular coach there is only ONE control board for the slide.

I ordered a new one and it should be here in the next few days.
I have a 2002 Diplomat, my slide control board is located in the battery compartment on the back wall. I only have two slides, but here is the board:

16615989 MONACO SLIDE-OUT CONTROL: eBay Motors (item 350356314453 end time Oct-06-10 14:24:11 PDT)

Note, the circuit breakers are not the same as normal auto breakers. I tried swapping those on mine, let the magic smoke out, and purchased the one at the above link off eBay.

There are two fuses on this board.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
I have a 2002 Diplomat, my slide control board is located in the battery compartment on the back wall. I only have two slides, but here is the board:

16615989 MONACO SLIDE-OUT CONTROL: eBay Motors (item 350356314453 end time Oct-06-10 14:24:11 PDT)

Note, the circuit breakers are not the same as normal auto breakers. I tried swapping those on mine, let the magic smoke out, and purchased the one at the above link off eBay.

There are two fuses on this board.
Thanks for the tip.

That is the wrong control board for my unit. It is also more expensive than buying directly from Monaco.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
teamchambers....we have the same coach so I have a few photos. It will help others see where they will find the control box on the back wall...

and here is the close-up of the black box on the back wall. (PLEASE READ-notice the solar regulator will be found there also)

We have not experienced the problem you have - but I am anxious to see if your solution takes care of your problem. Please post back your results!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Mama,

Thanks for the pics.

I have been in that compartment and black box checking plugs, fuses, etc. ... I am hoping the new control board will solve the problem. It should get here tomorrow ... I hope.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced the slide control board and everything works as advertised.

And this is why I bought a Monaco and not a Country Coach or Alpine or whatever.

Even though I have no warranty; Monaco tech support and parts departments where great. I talked with tech support and they directed me to the control panel gave me the part number and forwarded me to the parts department. The parts department didn't have any in stock so they ordered a drop shipment from the supplier. I guess they later realized they are still using the part in production because they ended up pulling one from the assembly line and FedExing it to me. I got it today and installed in 15 minutes.

The cost was $117 plus shipping

I think the bad battery charger saga is finally over.

:-)