Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #1

Need carpet cleaning tips and window covering replacements.

Please advise products and process owners have used to clean their carpets. We have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat and would like to clean the carpet ourselves.

Also, we would like to update our window coverings by removing the old shades. Anyone have tips for taking these out?
rblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #2

We hated those boxed valances, so we ripped them all out and replaced them with wood blinds, with hold downs on them so they don't move when we drive. I love the way I only have to use the string to adjust the light and also I just put my hand thru the slat to open and close the window. They come with crown moldings and look just like a house. They are so inexpensive, I got ten of them for less than $500 with installation included. My husband put tan colored putty in the holes left from the valances and you cannot even notice it. Then we put in a new vinyl planking floor and new carpet on the slides and voila, like a new house.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Carpet cleaning tip:

We bought the Bissell "Little green" BISSELL GREEN Little Green® 1400 | Parts & Reviews | Portable Deep Cleaner

For cleaning the carpet you have to get on your knees ,and work a small area at a time, but for us that is OK. It does do the job that we want.

We also use the same machine for cleaning chairs, sleaper couch, car seats etc.

We like that is it effective for many jobs and small in size when stored.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
When we got our MH in later July, the Beige carpet had a few black stains, PO didn't know exactly what it was but happened while his daughter had the coach with the Grand-kids.
I bought Turtle wax Carpet Carpet Cleaner (spray can with scrub brush tip at Wal-Mart) in the Automotive Department. DW used it as per directions and what ever it was is gone. We then rented a small carpet shampoo-er from a grocery store in Iowa and cleaned the entire coach. I got the upholstery attachments and did couch, and around driver/passenger chairs. The carpet for 14 years old came very clean. We are Full Timers and it is a challenge to keep light colored carpet clean.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #5

Well we are trying the Resolve system this weekend. Always worked well in our house
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #6

My 03 dynasty has almost all tile except bedroom and drivers slide out.

Wife wanted carpet cleaned before we go south so I rented the rug doctor steam cleaner and it took less than an hour to do all carpet in two directions. Looks very good. Took another hour to dry and an half hour to spray the 3m stain stuff.

I have chair and freestanding table so it was no big deal for me. Good luck

Friend had kid across street clean his with commercial rig. Looks same to me.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, replace, replacement, window