RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I cannot find any model number on my Fantastic Fan with rain sensor or the manual. It has the black control panel with thermostat on the wall. I cannot get the motor to stop running without removing the fuse and need to email the model number to Fantastic Fan. Only problem is I don't know the model number. My coach was built in June 2005. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I cannot find any model number on my Fantastic Fan with rain sensor or the manual. It has the black control panel with thermostat on the wall. I cannot get the motor to stop running without removing the fuse and need to email the model number to Fantastic Fan. Only problem is I don't know the model number. My coach was built in June 2005. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Bob

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Call Fantastic Fan at 800-521-0298 and ask for tech support. They are great folks and always ready to help.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I sent tech support an email and they wanted to know the model number. That is why I am trying to find out what the model number is.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Our Time:
Call Fantastic Fan at 800-521-0298 and ask for tech support. They are great folks and always ready to help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #5

The kitchen fan is a model 6504/314R. The bath unit is a BV8100. Fantastic Fan is a great company and will work with you to resolve your problem.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
nodine...
Let me know what they do...I am having the exact same problem..and oh...all my owners' documents have NO information on the kitchen fan...only the bathroom fan
I do have a photo of the silly wall controller if you need it. (we wanted to change it out for one that is like the one in the bathroom...but we were told it won't work )

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justlou:
The kitchen fan is a model 6504/314R. The bath unit is a BV8100. Fantastic Fan is a great company and will work with you to resolve your problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a bunch Lou, that is what I need.

Bob
Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
nodine...
Let me know what they do...I am having the exact same problem..and oh...all my owners' documents have NO information on the kitchen fan...only the bathroom fan
I do have a photo of the silly wall controller if you need it. (we wanted to change it out for one that is like the one in the bathroom...but we were told it won't work )

MM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure thing MM, I'll let you know what I find out.

Bob
Old 05-25-2008, 05:09 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
MM,

I did not forget, just took me a long time to get around to fixing the fan. I had the problem on the last camping trip down in Florida and got around to fixing the fan on this long weekend camping trip.

I called the nice folks at Fan-Tastic and told them what my problem was. They quickly sent me the parts free of charge and no questions asked. I had always heard the company was great to deal with and now I know first hand that is true.

Besides a new motor drive assembly they sent some silicone treatment AK-1000 and instructions on how to apply it to the seal. This is to take care of the sticking problem. The best way to see the model number of your vent is to open the vent and go on the roof. There is a label on the side of the fan motor that has the model number stamped on it. I discovered that the reason the motor would not stop is because when I put it in manual crank out mode the mechanism failed and would not engage the motor again. The circuit that controls the motor senses the current and shuts off the motor when the load reaches a preset level. If the motor is free running the current never reaches the shut off level, thus you have to remove the fuse to turn it off. Everything works fine now.

Hope this helps,

Bob
Old 05-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MM,
I did not forget, just took me a long time to get around to fixing the fan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob.. thanks for the follow-up post. I never thought you forgot...I knew you would get around to it!
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend and not doing all maintenance

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote