Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Need Help On This One!!!!!!!

My Water Pump For Inside Coach, SOMETIMES Will Run & Run & Run, With No Water Pressure at Faucets, Then An Hour Later It will Work Fine, I Have cleaned all Faucet Ends so there is no restriction there, ALSO When Hooked To City Water I Have Three Position Switch for adding water when Switch Is Up Or In Down Position Water is suppose to go into Tank which it does, HOWEVER, Over the weekend I Tried to Use City water & with Switch In Middle Position (TO BYPASS TANK), I Still get water entering tank, What's up with that?.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can't help you with city-water entering tank.

As for the 12VDC onboard water pump...
When these pumps ingest just a small amount of air, the impeller (or diaphragms, actually) cannot compress the air effectively....so water-flow stops. Also a constant air leak (even a small amount) on the input side of the pump will halt pumping operations.

On my '04 Diplomat, on the input -side of the pump, I had to remove the hard-walled plastic tubing (with metal crimps) and replaced it with the clear tubing designed for freshwater use....now crimped with small "radiator" -style clamps. Problem fixed.

One more gotcha happens when we're traveling with our water tank at about 1/3 full (or less). Water sloshing in the tank seems to aerate the water just enough that my pump ingests air and will stop pumping. On my rig, my problem is exaserbated because I have a accumulator (surge) tank on the output side of the pump. So my pump has trouble pumping into this "pressure" if there is the smallest amount of air in the pump's intake line. To recover from this condition, I have to open a faucet (cold and hot valves) to allow the accumulator-tank to "pressure down" completely ... at which time the pump clears itself of air and begins to pump real water!!
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #3

You what it sounds like is the water is being pumped in a loop from the bottom of the tank to the top of the tank because a valve is stuck in the wrong position that the switch controls. The reason I say that is on my Signature if I leave a manual fill valve in the wrong position then the pump starts up and runs forever and I get no water out of the faucets.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I believe there is check valve in the system that may be stuck
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my coach there is a quick fill valve for filling my on-board tank from the city water inlet instead of the gravity feed.

Like this | I get city water to the "house"

Like this -- I get city water to the tank

Like this \ I get both tank and city water to the tank (As well as the house).. In short the pump runs constantly as the water circulates .

Good for stiring things up but frankly useless for everything else.