Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Need Help Starting!

My wife's Dad passed away recently and we inherited a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Problem is, we don't know if there is a secret to starting it. It's been plugged in to shore power, and batteries are fairly new, but when we turn the key, no dash lights come on or anything else. What do we need to do? What are we missing?
tnsteel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Look for the battery disconnect switch on the dash. When turned off it disconnects the batteries from anything else. Turn it on and the coach should start.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My guess is to check that the batteries are "on". There is usually a rotary switch in the battery compartment for both the chassis and house batteries. If they are both on, then check what's often called the "salesman switch", usually located near the door. Mine is orange in color and it shuts down most of the electrical circuitry in the motorhome. Mine won't let me start the engine with it off.

Hope this helps...

Ron
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #4

Check to see if the chassis battery has a full charge. On some coaches just being plugged into shore power only charges the house batteries because there is no echo charger to charge the chassis after the house is charged. When you do go to start after the wait to start light goes out hit the battery boost for 5 or 10 seconds, that pulls power from the house to the chasis batteries.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #5

I agree with first check the battery switch mounted in the battery compartment. There should be two of them right together. One is for the chassis battery and one is for the house batteries. Turn them both on. If it will not start still then find the Battery Boost switch on the dash or console beside the driver. This jumpers the chassis batteries to the house batteries for emergency starting if the chassis batteries are dead. The Battery Boost switch is normally a spring loaded rocker switch. Hold it down and at the same time turn the key to start it.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #6

Both battery disconnect switches are 'On', so I don't think it's that
Old 04-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #7

Then hold down the Battery Boost rocker switch and try and start it
Old 04-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #8

I'm not near it right now, but I don't recall seeing a Battery Boost switch. Will look closer next chance I get.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
There can be a delay on the emergency start. Hold it down for a couple to 5 minutes for a flow to the start batteries. Then continue holding the switch down and try the start.
Does the step go in and out as you open and close the door or do you have head lights?
That is an indication you have start battery power even if it might be low.
Just saw what you said last, your boost or emergency start should be in the line of switchs with gen start and ICC.

LEN
Old 04-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #10

I only have pics to look at right now, but next to 'Gen Start', all I have are switches for idle up/down, and adjustable pedal in/out
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #11

My Battery Boost switch is located on the side switch panel. All diesel Pushers have this function. The switch is there somewhere and it will be in easy reach so you can work the ignition switch while holding it. It is logical that it should be on your left side of the steering wheel and most likely labeled BATT BOOST.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #12

a 2001 one could all so have the hard wire type switch in a bay some where or at back of motorhome

not all inside lights are run off the motor battery so if every inside 12v light is working you then have power if a hand full of them are not then that bit of info could help alot on next move
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Check the chassis batteries with a volt meter. If the coach has been sitting for some time they are probably dead. As some have said, maybe he turned off the disconnect switch but they could still be dead.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #14

Hi there,

Everyone,
This may sound silly but if your batteries are charged. Push in and hold the brake (not ebrake). Try to turn over.
zoya1lv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, need help