Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to JohnDolyn
Angry need shower door help

Has anyone encountered the glass in the shower door shifting? Mine seems to shift down, causing the door frame to become un-square. When this happens the door will not open. It appears that the glass is slipping inside of the rubber gasket, or the gasket is slipping out of the upper door frame. Any suggestions as to how to repair this would be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If your shower is the curved half round type, you may have the same issue I had. The top of the door glass kept slipping out of the frame. I took the door off and laid it on the bed. I removed the top frame piece and noticed the glass was the same length as the side rails. The side rails should be shorter than the glass. measured the depth of the grove in the top frame rail. That is how mush shorter the side rails need to be than the glass. I cut that amount off of both side rails using a hacksaw. I reassembled the door and reinstalled it. Have not had a problem sense.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Gordon66, I have the flat type door and to date, can not find a way to remove the door. The hinge pins seem to be directly into a welded part of the frame, requiring complete dissacembley of the shower surround. I will be looking closer at the assembly.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
John, look on top of the frame above the hinge pin. Mine is somewhat like yours. I think on mine you can remove the top pin from above the frame and then lift the door out.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #5

I pulled the top channel off and scuffed the top 1/4" of glass with sand paper then used gorilla glue and glued the rubber gasket to the glass and pushed the channel on (before the glue tried) I let it sit for 24hrs and re-hung the door.

You cant see that we did anything looks really clean. We have not had a problem since.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
SEA - Shower Enclosures of America made all of the curved door units. Don't know about the flat doors, but you can call SEA and see if they can help.

501 Kettering Dr. Ontario CA. 91761
PHONE - 800.536.7324 FAX - 909.605.7793
Shower Enclosures America, Inc. - Copyright © 2000
RV Wardrobe Doors • RV Shower Bent Units RV Shower Curved Units RV Showers
Contact Us
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks all, I have just talked to a home shower dooe installer who recommends installing a spacer between the frame and the rubber gasket so as to stop the glass from having any room in which to move. One spacer at the bottom frame and one spacer at top away from hinge, I was able to do this even though the frame at the hinge stayed in the enclosure. Now lets pray that all is well, don't want any more grief from DW.