RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

Need someone with a 275ISB MD3060

Need to get ser# from trans to compare mine, 2000 Monaco Diplomat, 40'
Believe it or not, just destroyed another transmission. 3 in last 20k. 4 in 80k. One only made it 4k. It's NOT my driving. That would be my first guess. Even if I was the most horrible driver in the world, a 275 shouldn't burn up a 3060 without warning. Many safeguards built in. Just changed oil 3k ago at Brazel's in Centralia Wa. No problem reported. They are impeccable. Allison wants to blame Monaco, or Cummins.

Cat568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Is the same shop installing all 3 or 4 ? I cant see how getting the S/N is going to help you a 3060 is a 3060 and a rugged trans.
Any viberation ?
I know this dont help but all i can say is i can feel for you and hope you find out what is causing the problem.

walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Is the same shop installing all 3 or 4 ? I cant see how getting the S/N is going to help you a 3060 is a 3060 and a rugged trans.
Any viberation ?
I know this dont help but all i can say is i can feel for you and hope you find out what is causing the problem.
I believe Allison wants Monaco to be at fault. Or Cummins. The main mechanic, like the regional professor/instructor said " oh, we had Cummins with a miss, and it kept burning up transmissions. Happens a lot." Yeah. Mine is a 275ISB, not a real powerful engine. The second was installed at Pacific Power at 69k, 3rd at shop in AZ, at 74k billed to Pac Power, and now at 90k. They said crank could be moving, i suggested that driveline or crank problems would manifest in seals, bearings, races, gear damage, vibration usually? The professor said " oh no. Not usually. Burns 'em up, clutches" Ive spent my life running cat,cummins, allison equipment. Pretty good at reporting small things before they become big things. The "you have to find an exact like veh, and get the trans serial number, NOT model, and then we can look at that. He was hoping I think, that NO ONE with my twin rig would answer my plea. He must not know many RVers. Pretty sure, they don't like having me around. I've got lung cancer. Dr's told me "better get doing what you're gonna do" and we were till Tuesday. I'm a vet. We're not well off. I'm not going quietly away. Orig was replaced in 2012, second about 15 mos later? in 2013, and they said "well, it's out of warranty" I knew that, BUT... thanks for listening, and your help. I jave a dang hard time navigating this site on my phone. If I find this conversation again, it's pure luck i think
Old 10-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
John you would get more hits on the Class A , Cummins or Allison or all three forums and if you cant post there i could copy your first post and post it for you. I am also a old vet, i was in during the Korean but not over there. Sorry to here of your health problems.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #5

Thank you. Im having such a hard time finding things here. I search most anything, like Allison Trouble, and it keeps taking me back to the home page with "page 1 of 200" . Or scroll to Monaco owners forum, type "allison wont move" and ir returns me to "What have you done to your motorhome recently?" page. I can't usually find a conversation ive been reading, or been in. Struggling so much. I am on a phone. I thought I was fairly adept at web stuff, must have got left behind. Thank you for your help! And, I'm 57, but every boy should have a life as great as mine has been. Been in the woods every day, running giant Tonka toys in dirt and mud (WA) for 35 years, and met a girl who's loved me all that time. Pretty ok with it all. Just this little interruption, in our visiting kids and grandkids before I get too sick to do it. I wouldn't even post anything about the trans, or at least not in the totally panicked way i have, if we had the money to fix it. I pray Allison (who I love btw) will help us out, but the trans was replaced in 2013. 14k on it. Out of warranty. They said nope. Especially on this rig I bet. Thanks again, so much. My thumb kinda hurts. Ha!
Old 10-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat568 View Post
Thank you. Im having such a hard time finding things here. I search most anything, like Allison Trouble, and it keeps taking me back to the home page with "page 1 of 200" . Or scroll to Monaco owners forum, type "allison wont move" and ir returns me to "What have you done to your motorhome recently?" page. I can't usually find a conversation ive been reading, or been in. Struggling so much. I am on a phone. I thought I was fairly adept at web stuff, must have got left behind. Thank you for your help! And, I'm 57, but every boy should have a life as great as mine has been. Been in the woods every day, running giant Tonka toys in dirt and mud (WA) for 35 years, and met a girl who's loved me all that time. Pretty ok with it all. Just this little interruption, in our visiting kids and grandkids before I get too sick to do it. I wouldn't even post anything about the trans, or at least not in the totally panicked way i have, if we had the money to fix it. I pray Allison (who I love btw) will help us out, but the trans was replaced in 2013. 14k on it. Out of warranty. They said nope. Especially on this rig I bet. Thanks again, so much. My thumb kinda hurts. Ha!
John, sorry to hear of all the difficulties you're facing now and wish I could help with the tranny issue. I can offer a way for you to get back to the thread easily.

Log into the site. Then, click on the word "search" in the line of options just below the "Welcome (followed by your user name)", in the page header. Do not click on the Search box powered by Google. A drop down menu will appear and you can click on "View all your posts." That will take you to a page of all your posts, beginning with the most recent, and you can easily find this thread again.

Hope this helps
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #7

THANK YOU!!! After i talked to you, I found the faq page someone made. In 'search forums' I typed 'Allison' and it showed the "Are you a threadkiller" page with a lot of irrelevant other things. And one said 'search bar?' or similar, i clicked on it, and, they were having the exact same trouble. Ha.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
John, not sure if this applies to your Coach Model, but on my 2002 Diplomat, Monaco added a small tranny cooler in front of the rear radiator. Again, not sure when Monaco started that, since the cooler was already installed when I bought the Coach. But, there was a fix out on that at one time. Good luck.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
John try the Allison forum
Allison Transmission Forum - iRV2 Forums