Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need Vorad system service

Vorad system is not working correctly. Does anyone know where we can go fr service in California or Oregon?
HollemanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #2

What is your VORAD doing or not doing? You should have a booklet that came with it that tells you how read the fault codes from the in dash control box. If not google Eaton VORAD fault codes. Once you have those fault codes the call the telephone number in that booklet. You do not want anyone other than EATON working on it. It consists of the main computer which is normally located under the drivers left side console/armrest, the control box and the antenna. If anything goes wrong then you send the the whole computer box. I am on the road right now and do not have the fault code reading procedures with me or the tech guy contact info but will be home next week and can give you all that info then if you can't find it.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Would like tech guy name

Thanks so much for your reply. We found the fault code guide on line so have that. If you get a chance to post the "tech guy's" name and contact number, we would sure appreciate it.
R.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #4

I can get that for you next week but I am sure the number is in the booklet. Mine had a 2004 year version software and it had problems communicating with my Detroit motor. It cost me $280 to send in the computer and have it updated. The update really improved the whole system. What do you feel your is doing that is not correct?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
RHolliman
Try calling 1-800-445-0311 that should get you to Road breakdown at Eaton in Galesburg, Mi Not sure about weekends but maybe.
The Tech should steer you in the right direction.
lyledavid
lyledavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fault codes

I am getting Fault Codes 41 35 and 14 on the Vorad Screen. One code is for fault on external speaker which I do not have and the horn alarm does work when I crank the unit so that one is a puzzle. Another code is for the radar unit either not working or communication and I don't have a way to check that. Last code is for communication and I don't have a way to do anything with that code. I have unplugged and re-plugged every connection I can reach or find.
Have been looking for a truck service location that could plug into the diagnostic box and maybe get a better read out on the error codes.
thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #7

I just found the name and number of the VORAD factory tech guy for RVs. His name is Rick Youngblood and he can be reached at 866.788.6723. I just talked to him briefly about your faults and he said they had some issues with communications from the VORAD computer and the CAT ECM. Just me guess that this is similar to the problem I had with my Detroit. Rick is a great guy and is waiting to hear from you.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #8

HollemanR,

Several years ago, I lost my right side vorad transmitter due to a flat on right front. I then found that Vorad had been sold by Eaton to Bendix and Bendix no longer stocked the transmitter but said they would make me one, which they did for $1100. I wound up not using it because Lazy Days still had one of the original ones with "Eaton" on it, instead of "Bendix".
It doesn't sound like your problem is related to the side transmitter but if it is and you need a transmitter, I have a brand new one, never used at a great price.
Good luck
Old 05-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I had my Vorad computer updated by Rick Youngblood and it now works much better. Like Mike Canter said, send it in and only let them work on it. Rick will help you get it adjusted correctly when complete. Mine should set the Jake Brake if you get to close as in someone braking real fast in front of you. I have not had the guts to allow the Vorad to set the Jake..... I have always started to brake first.
Let us know what Rick says....

Dave
Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #10

It sets my Jake brake ok. I had a chance to see it in action.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to all for your help!!! I have been in touch with Rick Youngblood and we have diagnosed a bad front radar unit. He is sending me a new one to replace it with. Thankfully my side scanners are working fine.
I wish I had I had posted sooner--it would have saved me a bunch of searching!!
Thanks,
Art Holleman
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Art, when you install the front unit it has to be adjusted for plumb and left to right. I adjusted mine by leveling the coach automatically, then I used an app on my IPhone to adjust plumb. I could see the degrees on the phone then I used a very straight 8' long piece of steel angle iron and measured back to a point on the frame on each side. Then I would drive it to see how it worked. It took a couple of times to get it where I liked it. It was not easy to get correct as adjusting one also moves the others. You will love the adaptive cruise control, it makes driving so easy.
Good Luck

Dave
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #13

Dave, wouldn't you want to adjust that in the Travel Mode on a level surface so it was correct when driving?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, you are right, that is what I meant to say. It was in travel mode when I adjusted it. I was on a very level parking lot in a Walmart. I guess I was thinking level as the parking lot.
I talked to Rick Youngblood today and my Jake Brake is working correctly he said. When I was closing on a car I did not see the trans down shift like when I use the pedal. He said the Vorad will not down shift by itself. That is what I was looking at and thinking it was not working.

Dave

Tags
service