Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2019, 12:05 AM   #71

Oh, and about driving the big rig - coach. I have a class B CDL and drive 40’ transit buses, the process of obtaining the class B came with training and drive time experience. I recommend taking a class or at least spending time in a open parking lot (school parking lots on weekends is a good place) to practice right and left turns,
parking,
curbing,
Use cones to set up clearance obstacles and slalom course (forward and backward)
identifying referenence points for right and left side tracking, front corners, centerline of rear duals, back bumper (don’t want to back into things or break taillights ).
Reference point distance (e.g 50ft) and for height of coach.
Understand offtracking (rear duals not tracking front steer wheels), remember it takes 2 lanes to make a turn -
Understand rear dual pivot point
understand buttonhooking and splitting lanes to own the space you need to execute a turn.
Remember you are sitting in front of the steer wheels, so you need extra room extended before making a turn
Square your turns, don’t cut corners.
Watch your coach rear in mirror when making the turn to ensure you are clearing objects, adjust / counter steer if needed
Watch tail swing as there is a lot of coach rear of the duals
Need to drive like a bus not like a car.

Get your rear camera fixed - even with rear bumper reference points you can not see directly behind your coach - use GOAL ( Get Out And Look) - before backing.
gsh-DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #72

Backing up Motorhome

I agree with last post, But when you are backing up at home or a camp site always have your wife back there helping you. I think this is a must it will stop the mishaps. Also when you are camping don't be afraid to ask your neighbor for help,most campers are very helpful. Good Luck
Old 02-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Dale,
Great thread. You are doing great if you fixed that propane fridge and the steps!
If you have your propane system working now, you can install a T fitting near the coach propane tank and run a propane hose across the coach to the passenger side for your grill.
Most grills have their own regulator so you install the T fitting before the coach regulator and use a high pressure propane hose. I also installed a gate valve and quick disconnect on the end of the hose.
This is the hose I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This way you do not need to remember to bring an extra tank.
Best of luck!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichLove View Post
I agree with last post, But when you are backing up at home or a camp site always have your wife back there helping you. I think this is a must it will stop the mishaps. Also when you are camping don't be afraid to ask your neighbor for help,most campers are very helpful. Good Luck
Get the camera fixed first and hopefully this is not the time for the bikini to appear for fear of what you may back into then!
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote