Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
You know more than the salesman. I asked if the tag lifted on the dynasty at the tampa show. He said it did not. He, evidently, was unaware of it offloading weight. I guess I'm suffering remorse from the death of the Dynasty. I will buy a 05-08 model soon enough though. I believe calling the new Dynasty a Roadmaster is deceptive. http://www.monacocoach.com/dynasty/2015_dyn_f.pdf
(I should not be surprised though; that is not my mom's Electrolux in the box stores;( It is not a "Roadmaster" I believe it's a Freightliner. I don't know if that chassis is good or bad (with a RV on it) but they want to call it something it is not which should make their base a little leery of what else lurks in the build. I like looking at chassis displays at the RV shows. I'll check out the XCM if I find one in Perry. Dynasty would be better off with me if they put a very good front step on it (exterior) and called it what it is. Park it next to the XCM chassis and brag about it. What chassis is the American on (looking for a dynasty style build).
I confess to having thought the same thoughts, and having felt the same feelings.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
What chassis is the American on (looking for a dynasty style build).[/QUOTE]

FREIGHTLINER .......deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well we just out of the blue received a special offer for the 2015 dynasty.....
it was addressed to my wife and had lots of pictures of the kitchen

after i looked at online
we declined
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
You must admit the management of ASV was pretty smart to only build ONE Dynasty. deSanford
Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
You must admit the management of ASV was pretty smart to only build ONE Dynasty. deSanford
You mean one floor plan or one unit?
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 AM   #34

Quote:
What chassis is the American on (looking for a dynasty style build).
FREIGHTLINER .......deSanford[/QUOTE]

You have to go up to a Newell or Foretravel to get a semi monocoque chassis like the Roadmaster S Series that was under the Dynasty.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
One unit Jeff. So anyone who wants a "Monaco" can buy an American and put the plastic Monaco name on it instead of the American name. What difference does it make? deSanford
Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
well we just out of the blue received a special offer for the 2015 dynasty.....
it was addressed to my wife and had lots of pictures of the kitchen

after i looked at online
we declined
Same here, addressed to DW
Old 03-09-2014, 04:25 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
One unit Jeff. So anyone who wants a "Monaco" can buy an American and put the plastic Monaco name on it instead of the American name. What difference does it make? deSanford
If they only built one that baby sure is getting a workout. The showings I know about are Charlotte, Tampa RV Show, Lazydays at Tampa, Albany, GA, and Perry GA. Makes sense through since all those locations are within a days drive of each other. It should be here today at Albany and we will see it at 5PM when they open the coach display. They will have to hurry and move it up to Perry for the FMCA show next week. Maybe I should look for a birthmark so I can tell if it is the same coach since we will also be at Perry.

I just remembered that Van W. and Bill G. are here and they saw and drove the coach in Charlotte. I met Van yesterday and will ask him if it is the same coach.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
If they only built one that baby sure is getting a workout. The showings I know about are Charlotte, Tampa RV Show, Lazydays at Tampa, Albany, GA, and Perry GA. Makes sense through since all those locations are within a days drive of each other. It should be here today at Albany and we will see it at 5PM when they open the coach display. They will have to hurry and move it up to Perry for the FMCA show next week. Maybe I should look for a birthmark so I can tell if it is the same coach since we will also be at Perry.

I just remembered that Van W. and Bill G. are here and they saw and drove the coach in Charlotte. I met Van yesterday and will ask him if it is the same coach.

Bob
Well guys, there are now two of the new Dynasty's and they are both here at Albany sitting side by side. According to one of the salesman it was just finished and this is the first location it has been on display.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
One for the road two for the show..........deSanford
Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #40

I think we are all being too hard on the new Monaco. I do not like a lot of the features( electric rising coffee pot) but I think they really tried to produce a unit that is NOT like the American line. According to those who have driven the new Monaco it drives exceptionally well. I think it is overpriced. The competition is the Entegra and I think if one did a side by side comparison the Dynasty would lose. For starters it is NOT a Dynasty. Just in name only. The Aqua Hot is not big enough, lack of windows, floor plan that makes the coach unusable with the slides in and more. It will be interesting to see if they sell any units at these shows. Certainly not to any existing Monaco owners. Is there a dealer network?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
I think we are all being too hard on the new Monaco. I do not like a lot of the features( electric rising coffee pot) but I think they really tried to produce a unit that is NOT like the American line. According to those who have driven the new Monaco it drives exceptionally well. I think it is overpriced. The competition is the Entegra and I think if one did a side by side comparison the Dynasty would lose. For starters it is NOT a Dynasty. Just in name only. The Aqua Hot is not big enough, lack of windows, floor plan that makes the coach unusable with the slides in and more. It will be interesting to see if they sell any units at these shows. Certainly not to any existing Monaco owners. Is there a dealer network?
Be nice lets give ASV and Mike Snell (sp) a chance. deSanford
Old 03-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Be nice lets give ASV and Mike Snell (sp) a chance. deSanford
I have to agree here. I just don't understand all the ill will for the new Monaco. I have seen the coach in Tampa and now two of the coaches are here at Albany. I will test drive one tomorrow morning. Mike Snell says they have plans to build 50 to 60 units this first year. Time will tell. However, I simply don't agree with the hostility that is voiced by some here on the list. Monaco has had lots of problems over the past 3 or 4 years, but my opinion is that we need to give them a chance. The only thing that is going to make my, and your. Monaco coaches worth more money five years from now than it would be worth if they have not came back into existence and prominence is for them to be successful. If we want to own coaches that have nothing but history to them, then lets continue the carping.

If I had $600,000 and was looking for a new coach, it would be on my list.

You are free to disagree, and your experience may vary....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote