Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Let me start by telling you, that all this couldn't have happened without the uncompormised customer support and personal advice we received from Tim DeMartini at DeMartini RV Sales, Mike Snell-National Sales Manager at Monaco Coach, Fred Donley-Inside Sale and Customer Support at Monaco Coach, Jeff Butler- Director of Engineering at Monaco Coach and Larry Iler- Engineering at Monaco Coach. Our hats off to these folks for an excellent job very well done. Yes, we did have some hick-ups, but as professionals, as all of these folks showed themselves to be, everything was worked out very satisfactory.

Let me start at the begining, some time back in February, from a Southern Texas resort, when I call Tim DeMartini and told him, "that we were extremely dissatisfied with the company who manufactured our presnt coach and it was time for us to move on to a better life". This in itself was a life changing event. Tim DeMartini has got to be one of the most patient people we have very met. We asked more questions, with good reason, then I every thought we had asked before and Tim either answered them or he put us in touch with the folks, directly, that did. Negoations were very simple, it's Tim's cost plus a fair mark-up and a reasonable trade-in value for our used coach. Tim doesn't play games with figures and he doesn't blow a smoke screen and hide add-ons in his price. You'll find as we did, his prices and customer service is second to none...

Starting this project in February, meant that we would be envolved with a 2007 Model Year Change and that we would be getting the lastest developements both in engineering and products. It also meant that we would have to deal with new designs that would have to be tweeked. All in all, Monaco made this transistion very pleasant and was very accomadating all the way through. Their position through the entire ordering and maunfacturing process was "Customer Satisfaction", and we can diffently say we received that and more.

As a result of my extensive back ground in the RV Industry, our time flavored experiences with owning another brand and our wants and desires we wanted in our next coach, we had more then 24 different Add-ons and Changes to our new coach order. All of which, take total advantage of every available space and make the best of the coach.

During manufacturing stag, Fred Donely showed his true self, that being an empolyee who has many years of experience in the RV Industry, an employee who is very happy doing his job and he likes the company he is working, because it clearly shows in his mannerisms helping customers. Unfortunately, Fred has too many responsibilities for the time he is aloted, so he's busy every minute, but was never to busy to help us with our questions or getting pictures. Pictures we might say, were God Sent and were extremely valuable, especially when the coach is being assembled. On various occasions we were able to see a problems before they happened and we were able to make changes that for the most part worked out better for both of us. As I stated earlier, this is a new model year coach(2007) with new designs and products. So, the new designs needed to be fine tuned and they were.

Upon final assembly, we were sent numerous pictures which heightened the excitement we were already feeling. This is a BIG change for us and a totally new experience working with Monaco and DeMartini. The coach is equiped with products that you would fine in luxury homes, not just motor homes, and conveniences that stagger our minds. Over all, we did two pre-PDIs after coach arrived at DeMartini's, where we were hard pressed to find only a half a dozen items that needed attention. Of those only minor paint imperfections delayed us from taking possession. DeMartini's staff at his Wakarusa Indiana facility is a total extension
of Tim DeMartini, they want the customer satisfied...

Now that we had our coach for about a week, we are overwhelmed everytime time we walk in to our storage building and see this magnificent coach setting there. It is truely a beautiful coach not only outside, with it's Ralph lauren Landsdown paint scheme, but the Ralph Lauren interior with light Cherry wood interior sets this coach aside from the norm. What truely stands out, is the quality of the products and the workmanship throught. This coach is such a step up in all catagories it makes makes us very proud that we made the right decision in purchasing it.

Allow me to interject this thought here, when received our 2003 Journey DL39QD, it was a nice coach, but we had 37 problems to deal with from the start and the list grew. All through our ownership of that coach we would find things that weren't done right and failed on us at the worst of times. We truely hope, that starting off on a better footing with a better product(the 2007 Dynasty) that we have averted having to deal with those mind altering experiences and enjoy life and RVing to it's fullest. Maybe that old saying holds true? "You get what you pay for". That couldn't be any more evident then what we've experienced here so far.

Radarr
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Let me start by telling you, that all this couldn't have happened without the uncompormised customer support and personal advice we received from Tim DeMartini at DeMartini RV Sales, Mike Snell-National Sales Manager at Monaco Coach, Fred Donley-Inside Sale and Customer Support at Monaco Coach, Jeff Butler- Director of Engineering at Monaco Coach and Larry Iler- Engineering at Monaco Coach. Our hats off to these folks for an excellent job very well done. Yes, we did have some hick-ups, but as professionals, as all of these folks showed themselves to be, everything was worked out very satisfactory.

Let me start at the begining, some time back in February, from a Southern Texas resort, when I call Tim DeMartini and told him, "that we were extremely dissatisfied with the company who manufactured our presnt coach and it was time for us to move on to a better life". This in itself was a life changing event. Tim DeMartini has got to be one of the most patient people we have very met. We asked more questions, with good reason, then I every thought we had asked before and Tim either answered them or he put us in touch with the folks, directly, that did. Negoations were very simple, it's Tim's cost plus a fair mark-up and a reasonable trade-in value for our used coach. Tim doesn't play games with figures and he doesn't blow a smoke screen and hide add-ons in his price. You'll find as we did, his prices and customer service is second to none...

Starting this project in February, meant that we would be envolved with a 2007 Model Year Change and that we would be getting the lastest developements both in engineering and products. It also meant that we would have to deal with new designs that would have to be tweeked. All in all, Monaco made this transistion very pleasant and was very accomadating all the way through. Their position through the entire ordering and maunfacturing process was "Customer Satisfaction", and we can diffently say we received that and more.

As a result of my extensive back ground in the RV Industry, our time flavored experiences with owning another brand and our wants and desires we wanted in our next coach, we had more then 24 different Add-ons and Changes to our new coach order. All of which, take total advantage of every available space and make the best of the coach.

During manufacturing stag, Fred Donely showed his true self, that being an empolyee who has many years of experience in the RV Industry, an employee who is very happy doing his job and he likes the company he is working, because it clearly shows in his mannerisms helping customers. Unfortunately, Fred has too many responsibilities for the time he is aloted, so he's busy every minute, but was never to busy to help us with our questions or getting pictures. Pictures we might say, were God Sent and were extremely valuable, especially when the coach is being assembled. On various occasions we were able to see a problems before they happened and we were able to make changes that for the most part worked out better for both of us. As I stated earlier, this is a new model year coach(2007) with new designs and products. So, the new designs needed to be fine tuned and they were.

Upon final assembly, we were sent numerous pictures which heightened the excitement we were already feeling. This is a BIG change for us and a totally new experience working with Monaco and DeMartini. The coach is equiped with products that you would fine in luxury homes, not just motor homes, and conveniences that stagger our minds. Over all, we did two pre-PDIs after coach arrived at DeMartini's, where we were hard pressed to find only a half a dozen items that needed attention. Of those only minor paint imperfections delayed us from taking possession. DeMartini's staff at his Wakarusa Indiana facility is a total extension
of Tim DeMartini, they want the customer satisfied...

Now that we had our coach for about a week, we are overwhelmed everytime time we walk in to our storage building and see this magnificent coach setting there. It is truely a beautiful coach not only outside, with it's Ralph lauren Landsdown paint scheme, but the Ralph Lauren interior with light Cherry wood interior sets this coach aside from the norm. What truely stands out, is the quality of the products and the workmanship throught. This coach is such a step up in all catagories it makes makes us very proud that we made the right decision in purchasing it.

Allow me to interject this thought here, when received our 2003 Journey DL39QD, it was a nice coach, but we had 37 problems to deal with from the start and the list grew. All through our ownership of that coach we would find things that weren't done right and failed on us at the worst of times. We truely hope, that starting off on a better footing with a better product(the 2007 Dynasty) that we have averted having to deal with those mind altering experiences and enjoy life and RVing to it's fullest. Maybe that old saying holds true? "You get what you pay for". That couldn't be any more evident then what we've experienced here so far.

Radarr
Old 07-04-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Radar, Congrats on your new coach....As I am sure you know,we have a photo gallery here on iRV2,where you can upload the pictures and then display them in a post. If you already have them uploaded to the "web", you can simply select the pisture icon on the "post a reply" toolbar and post some pictures. I am certain there are many folks here, myself included,that would love to see pictures of your new Dynasty.

I am happy that you were able to move up in "price point" and grab yourself a new coach.
As you may have read, I chose to do the same thing,as I had ordered the coach I am trading "sight unseen", having never seen the model I ordered as the local dealer doesn't carry it.
While the wood fit and finish was "industry standard" for that particular price point,I wanted more...

I can personally only say "good things" about the manufacturer of my soon to be previous coach and I trust that you can indeed take this opportunity to move "forward" and as you said in another forum, put the previous experience (and comments about it) behind us.

Under your "you get what you pay for" theory,I might add that, in order for ME to get the quality I wanted in a coach, it cost me some 200K additional dollars more than what I had spent on my previous coach.

All the best to you and I look forward to seeing some pictures!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club

Congrats!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:22 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Rebel,

Thats a mighty fine looking coach also, it's made just down the road from us here in southern Michigan. Good company and great products also.

Hope your new coach turns out as unexpectedly nice as ours has.

Boy, what a step up for both of us!

No looking back now, we've got the future to enjoy.

radarr
Old 07-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

radarr, it reminds me of a song lyric....

"Ain't no stoppin us now"....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Rebel,
Speaking of song lyrics, especially for this past 4th of July when all this came together for us, I am deeply struck by
Lee Greenwood's lyrics in his song
"I'm proud to be an American, God Bless the USA"

Radarr
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #8

Radarr, if I'm not being oo nosy, did you find out what the "markup" was in either percentage or dollars over invoice. Also, were you able to determine the invoice price and if so, how did you determine it.

Heard lots of good about DeMartini. I am interested in the pricing aspect for a future purchase.

2018 Entegra Aspire 44W .
Ken Sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:39 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ken,

I will send you a private message. I told Tim that I would have folks contact him directly.

You can get a copy of the factory retail price sheet from Monaco (800-634-0855 Fred Donely) on any coach before you call any dealer. This way you know in advance what the unit will cost, but without any special option included.

Let me take a moment to discuss Special Options. A lot folks don't realize, "that you can have it your way". By that, you can order any Monaco product you want and have it made to your specs, with in the limitations of engineering and parts availability. So don't be mislead into thinking that you have take a coach that doesn't soot you needs!

Now back to the factory retail price sheets. Once you have this on the coach, or coaches you like, make copies so you can mark the options and then total them up. You'll find yourself, as we did, doing this 2 or 3 times all in an effort to fine tune what we really wanted.
Sometimes I wonder what dealers were thinking when they order some of the coaches they have on their lots. Some of the options they ordered are really a waste of money and really don't serve a good purpose. We always prefer to order things the way we want them, it's bad enough to be disatisfied with a dealer, but to have a coach that doesn't fit your needs just compounds the problem.

Once you have all your thoughts together and you have a pretty good idea what the coach will cost, call Tim at 800-576-1921 and tell him your faxing your workup sheet for him to quote. At that time ask him to explain his program to you, I think coming from the source is best, you will be surprised and want to know more about his operation.

The DeMartini RV has proven to be fine and outstanding to deal with, and if you know me and my uncle Tomcat, we don't spare any words when it comes to "whats right and wrong".

You've come this far, now do your home work and then call Tim, and oh, tell him radarr sent you. I'll get another feather for my hat when you do. Not really.

radarr