Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
New Monaco Owner

Guys/Girls I have 3 questions.
1. Awning, I know if I have the side out on my 2012 Monaco Knight DFT I don't get much awning coverage. Of course I could just not open that slide when I need awning coverage but wanted to know if there is another solution. I see hooks on the awning when extended can those be used to provide extra awning coverage (tarp, whatever)?
2. Front door drip rail is too short water just drips directly onto the door handle. Has anyone added an extension to the drip rail?
3. For the wife, any creative pantry solutions out there?
Thanks.
Clintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 05:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
As far as the awing problem,we have a 2006 Diplomat and the awing is mounted to the slide,not sure if this was factory or a add on,that the original owner installed(care free of colorado) but it gives us plenty of shade.
We are full time now and we did some mods for storage we took out the sliding doors between the vanity area and bed room and i built 2 floor to ceiling 4" deep pantries 1 for food the other for toiletries( they clear the slides by only 3/4 of an inch) .If i remember right the Knight has bath in rear,is that right?
Being full time you find that there is not as much storage as you thought,we make more trips to store.I also removed one of the couches and put in a work station for computer,with cabinets,that we do use some for can goods.
How much are you planning on using the M/H? Do you plan on keeping it a long time? If so you can make the changes.Just remember that by removing factory things like door that i did will drop the trade in value.

What i would say is take some trips and you will find out that there are things you do not need as much as you thought.We have sold a lot of things we thought we could not live with out ,but found we really did not need.We love the M/H life but it is different than living in a house.Our Monaco is 10 years old ,but only had 23000miles when we got it and was stored inside so it looks new. Monaco is a wonderful coach and i hope you enjoy it as much as we do.Spend some time reading all you can ,locate were your fuses are,learn as much as you can about the operation of the coach and maintenance you can do. This forum has a bunch of wonderful people that can answer many of your questions.Remember there is no stupid question.I have asked my share and someone was willing to take the time to help.Keep coming back.
What part of the country you live in? Plan on any trips soon? We are in Maine right now leaving next week working our way down the east coast then through Arkansas,the to Texas for the Winter(family is Ft Worth) stop there then the coast.
We got a trailer that we put out jeep Grand Cherokee in and still have room for storage . We are are artist and haul stuff most people do not haul.
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I forgot i did buy some 3/4 " guttering that i added to the roof that did help a lot.I comes in a roll, clean coach with alcohol and stick it were you need it.There are many add ons that you will find that help.
When you have a question ,put it on this forum,some one will have a answer.
Tagcat
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks

Yes we are full time, be in SPI, TX for December/January otherwise just heading west for the winter. Thanks for your tips.
Clintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
YC1

Yep, our factory awning goes out a normal distance but the slide steals the space. Can't hang much on ours because it is electric.

In the cabinet below the stove we installed metal slide out shelves for pots and pans. Available at lowes etc.

Ditto on the gutter material. Check out camping world. Peel and stick. I have used many feet of it. Keeps streaks off the front windshield, the rear, and fixes the door drip issue.

At least once a year pull stuff out of the cabinets and reevaluate the need to keep. When in doubt, throw it out.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco