Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
My hope would be that if "one stop repair" is the wave of the future they will make it more convenient for those of us in the Northeast.
Recently a RV/Ford dealer in Lodi, Ca had to shut down their RV sales lot.
Their RV/Truck repair service is still open at the same site and seems to be working pretty steady. They sold and serviced DPs before they closed their lot so I'd suspect that they still can service them. It appears that there will be a few old outfits out there still plugging along.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #44
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Latest speculation on Monaco

I found this on another forum.

"I got a e-mail from my broker this morning that my Navistar stock was showing some activity. He says Navistar has aquired the patents and property of Monaco including the rights to the trademarks. That sounds like they own everything required to start up production."

If they do start back up, the model line would be "thin" compared to previous years.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
That sounds like the announcement we've all been waiting for. It will be interesting to see how the reorganization works. ...which models will stay and which will go, and of course, the same question with respect to managers.

I'd imagine they will re-open the pipeline with respect to parts and warranty guarantees as quickly as possible - at least one would think so. An interesting question is will they eventually reopen the service centers?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
I am surely a novice at this type stuff but I would like to know why Monaco had put out both Monaco and Holiday Rambler coaches that are really identical. I love our Diplomat - Endeavor is a clone - don't know which one came first but it really seems silly - just call it a Ramaco or Monabler - as far as service centers I think we owners are our own worst enemy - many things that had been taken to service center really should have been fixed at the dealer or by the owner. Maybe we have been lucky - no need in for factory service - cracked floor tiles I guess would have qualified but I took care of it. That's been it for our 2008 coack.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Look up Navistar stock. it looks like Navistar is being taken over.. Nothing About Monaco. Hope you bought some stock.. No help for us yet...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPO Ret View Post
I am surely a novice at this type stuff but I would like to know why Monaco had put out both Monaco and Holiday Rambler coaches that are really identical. I love our Diplomat - Endeavor is a clone - don't know which one came first but it really seems silly - just call it a Ramaco or Monabler - as far as service centers I think we owners are our own worst enemy - many things that had been taken to service center really should have been fixed at the dealer or by the owner. Maybe we have been lucky - no need in for factory service - cracked floor tiles I guess would have qualified but I took care of it. That's been it for our 2008 coack.
Monaco had a similar situation and tried to model after a bad model, GM. They bought the Holiday Rambler, Beaver and Safari lines to emulate the GM-Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile and Cadillac model. It allowed them to have different dealers in the same marketplace, more bites at the apple so to speek.

The problem with the model proved to be too many dealers competing for the same customer and driving down profits. Too many similar models failing to distinguish themselves from each other. Also, building 5 similar but differentiated models caused problems in costs and quality.

If they do survive, look for the Japanese Model to reign supreme; Luxury, Utility and Economy Brands with greater levels of differentiation.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #49

Monaco confirmed today (Wall Street Journal) that it does have a buyer for its manufacturing operations but it's senior lenders are blocking the transaction.
BHEMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #50

March 25, 09 Monaco news

Here's the latest news of the Monaco status as of Noon on March 25. Taken from: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123800243803540117.html

Ed

Monaco Coach Corp. said it has a buyer willing to pay $50 million for its manufacturing operations, saving jobs and the company, but senior lenders are balking at the potential deal.

Related story HERE.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Fingers crossed and hope they can stay open

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Many things in life confuse me, this is one of them. If they have an offer for the "manufacturing" of Monaco, it would seem to imply that it excludes the RV Resorts and Monaco's 49% of Roadmaster.

The article says that they should have enough to pay secured creditors, the bank and the capital group. It does not mention the unsecured creditors. The article says that it is a cash and stock deal. Lenders very seldom want stock in a debtor situation, they want cash.

What happens to the unsecured creditors (suppliers, dealers and owners with warranties)?

What happens to the common shareholder?

What happens when I can't figure this out and go nuts?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPO Ret View Post
What Monaco did is nothing new. Look back at Winnebago when they bought out Itasca YEARS ago. Each line has identical models. Originally, like Monaco and Holiday Rambler, Itasca was considered a step above Winnebago in quality. Now, other than name and colors they are identical. Perhaps Monaco thought that if it worked for Winnebago for years (and it has) then it should work for them.

I don't think this had anything to do with their "downfall". Winnebago had their followers and Itasca had their followers and the same is true for Monaco and HR. The loca dealer here in NM (who we won't do business with anymore) were Monaco dealers but switched to Holiday Rambler because they had a better following. They also are dealers for Winnebago, for the same reason.

Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #54
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Thursday's Update

Click here.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #55

Also, the company said, key people in its accounting department have resigned, including employees who handle SEC filings

Why would they resign?.........you would think they would have a ton of work to do to prepare reports etc.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
A lot of work does not mean a continued job. If sold, most of the "Finance People" would be let go anyway (no-need for the experience in a public company when no longer public). If they found work, they should take the new job and hit the road, jobs are hard to come by and theirs would end soon.