Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #1

New to rvs. Need some help... alot

So i bought a 2001 monaco diplomat 38ft diesel. It is equipped with a cummins 330 mated to an allsion on a roadmaster chassis.

As you can tell by the pics there are some parts missing. Obviously the radiator ... but i was wondering if there was maybe an expert lurking around that could list parts i will need or can provide a picture of the engine compartment minus the radiator so i can see what is going on.

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all

T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mot-3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	48338   Click image for larger version

Name:	mot-2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	48339  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mot-1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	48340   Click image for larger version

Name:	mot-4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	48341  

Extlmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wow, Every coach has a story, it would be great if you could find the owner that had the parts removed and why. Maybe a V.I.N search for owners.

Look Here.
http://rvexteriorbodypanels.visonerv...M240125/s1.pl?

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the wonderful world of RV life. Looks like your missing the radiator, charge air cooler (inter-cooler for turbo), transmission cooler, fan, fan shroud, belts, all the plumbing and hoses that connect it all together. Best bet is what Drifter said, try and find original owner and see if they have the parts. What your missing is probably $5K or more. Good Luck.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #4

Copper brings a good price!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
In addition to what Richard Wold listed it looks like the idler pulley along with the serpentine belt and A/C compressor v-belt. I would highly recommend checking the tensioner as well. The pulleys are not serviceable seperately from the tensioner so the tensioner assembly may need to be replaced if the pulley feels dry.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #6

I have an isc 350 that would show you what you need. I haven't been able to post pics here but if you want you can PM me with an email maddress and I can send the pics through e mail
Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Wow...looks like they were "going deep" into engine repair...it would be a bitch to replace all those missing parts only to find that you have to take it all off again for engine repair!!!!! It's critical that you find prior owner and get history and hopefully the pile of missing parts!!! Good Luck and hopefully the powers that be will give you much patience!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #8

Well guys a little/big update. Rounded up a rad, inter cooler, trans cooler, belts, fan, shroud, and pulleys and headed to Florida to put it back together armed with a craftsman tool kit, a battery charger, and those pics I shared already... Big shot in the dark....

Hoping engine and trans were ok. Big hope lol

15 hrs crawling around in the dirt doing what i could with what i had and one trip to tractor supply for some nuts/bolts, fluids and two starting batts i Got it back together and running. Topped off fluids, brought up to operating temp everything checked out and functioned... Drove it 1600mi home without issue. Very lucky I know!

While I was putting it together I found a piece of plastic wedged in the a/c compressor clutch. After pondering for a bit I realized it was the same material as the fan. So I have come to the conclusion that the original fan had come apart puncturing the radiator leading to what I had pics of. The other parts must have become lost in transition. ?? Who knows

But she runs like a dream and I now know more about working on these beasts than I care to.

Thanks to all for the help!
Extlmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
WOW, good job and lucky too!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #10

It may not be so much luck, as it is you are a pretty good mechanic. You probably got a good deal on the rig also.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to hear everything went well. Enjoy the new ride.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #12

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like you put in alot of hard work and it has paid off!

Post some more pics of the new unit when you get a chance.

Adam
Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
WOW...Great Job

To put that baby back together again (in 18hrs) from pictures (and the pix couldn't be much help cause all one sees with the hood open is Radiator vs what ya see with a side mount Rad model !!!) a tool box, far from home, without a shop for back-up is sheer super skill.
You can work on my coach any day!!! Come on, tell us rookie wrenches that you have 50 years of experience in heavy machinery rebuild..and have the strength and energy of a 30 year old so we don't feel so" Low T". Great Job, do you do "fly-in" Jobs? 18 hrs is better than the 18 months that I'll have in mine LOL Congrats!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extlmm View Post
Well guys a little/big update. Rounded up a rad, inter cooler, trans cooler, belts, fan, shroud, and pulleys and headed to Florida to put it back together armed with a craftsman tool kit, a battery charger, and those pics I shared already... Big shot in the dark....

Hoping engine and trans were ok. Big hope lol

15 hrs crawling around in the dirt doing what i could with what i had and one trip to tractor supply for some nuts/bolts, fluids and two starting batts i Got it back together and running. Topped off fluids, brought up to operating temp everything checked out and functioned... Drove it 1600mi home without issue. Very lucky I know!

While I was putting it together I found a piece of plastic wedged in the a/c compressor clutch. After pondering for a bit I realized it was the same material as the fan. So I have come to the conclusion that the original fan had come apart puncturing the radiator leading to what I had pics of. The other parts must have become lost in transition. ?? Who knows

But she runs like a dream and I now know more about working on these beasts than I care to.

Thanks to all for the help!
You sir deserve a medal. That you were able to round up parts, put it together, diagnose any issues, tune and test then have the cahones' to drive it 1600 miles unwavering is a testament to your skill whether you believe it or not. Kudos. And more pics would be nice.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs