Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2018, 05:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I was typing when you posted, Mark. Thanks for the info! {misery loves company }

Did you lose the EMS as well as the MUX? Which ckt board are you referring-to? The little one inside the fuse panel?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2018, 07:26 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
RustyTools,

I had a blinking light issue with my intellitec system for years. Last february I replaced the board. I think it was $250+/-. It did fix my problem.

Not sure where your board is. Mine is in the back bedroom closet and it gets real hot from engine running, even with rear roof air running. I now prop open the closet doors and run an 120 volt fan while underway to help with air circulation. Too early to tell if it's helping or not.

Not sure if you have M & M 's phone. But give them a call. They are very helpful. They can give you some troubleshooting advise. or they can sell you the board.
(419) 965-3014
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:41 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Bill. Called them and had to leave message.

Where was your blinking light?

From what I'm troubleshooting and reading, it does seem like it's the board inside the breaker panel.

GrandDad had a motto: "You can fix anything... if you throw enough money at it". Looking like he was right again.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Thanks, Bill. Called them and had to leave message.

Where was your blinking light?

From what I'm troubleshooting and reading, it does seem like it's the board inside the breaker panel.

GrandDad had a motto: "You can fix anything... if you throw enough money at it". Looking like he was right again.
Love your motto.

Long story, but my blinking lights were some of the ceiling lights. They would blink off and on randomly. Sometimes they would just come on and stay on. AND it would only happen with a full load and generator running. NEVER on shore power.
People told me to change the florescent lights to LED. I Did. No change. Told me to check all the grounds. I did. No change. Change the transfer switch. I did. No change (wanted to do that anyway). I checked the frequency of the generator output. All normal. Finally changed the EMS board and that did it.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
In 08, Monaco relocated the CB panel to the bathroom in the Camelot & Scepter (not sure about Contessa) PDQ, inside a cabinet along with the Intellitec modules.

Mine would trip overheating A/C breakers on that brown panel. First I used a Rube Goldberg prop to hold the left door open, after which A/C breakers would only occasionally trip. New breakers did the same.

Finally, I added a second vent to the ducted air supply. I also added a window "hold open" rod to the prop the left door open securely so cool air would flow over panel. Problem solved

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8800.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	208420

Name:	IMG_8801.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	208421

Name:	IMG_8802.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	208422

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #20

Quote:
I was typing when you posted, Mark. Thanks for the info! {misery loves company }

Did you lose the EMS as well as the MUX? Which ckt board are you referring-to? The little one inside the fuse panel?

Rustytools,
My EMS display was not displaying properly until I replaced the circuit board. Another time my EMS was not displaying properly was because I had the washer / dryer circuit breaker turned off. RV Tech told me the EMS needs all circuits turned on.

About a year prior to this recent circuit board failure, I noticed the Fantastic Fans were working off and on, I mean whenever they wanted to. New circuit board fixed the fans too. I can't explain that and didn't discuss it with M&M.

On my 07 the circuit board is in the electric panel in the rear closet. And X2 the reports of it getting hot, too hot. Mine is mounted horizontal with about 8 120v wires attached to it. Harry told me that in his 08 the circuit board is mounted vertical.

Mark
Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #21

Forgot pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180428_080917.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	208424   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_081922.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	208425  

Old 06-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
It's interesting you guys mention Fantastic fans being wired through the multiplex system. Mine are not. Separate control pad. Unplugging multiplex has no effect on the fans.

My control panel looks exactly like 'Stillthinkin'. Sounds like same location as well.

Maybe they moved it in 2008 when they heard Harry was buying a coach?
Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Curiouser and curiouser.

Talked to Chris at M&M, very knowledgeable. He said that a certain range of Monaco's and HR's (I remember the Knight and Camelot was referenced ), had a unique configuration of the EMS & MUX and it was eventually prone to issues.
The correct fix is for a rework of the system, either at their facility or he'd travel to do it (I think he knew I was in the FL Keys).

Failing that, he said he might be able to talk me thru the procedure, so I sent him a bunch of photos. Fingers crossed!

I remember you saying you had a heat-problem, Harry. Glad you nailed it. So far, I haven't had that... oh darn! Now I jinxed myself!!

Mark- They call them snowflakes for good reason!

From everyone's anecdotal stories, I'm leaning on it being the board too but will wait til M&M responds.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
For some reason, a sentence in the above post didn't get included.

What Chris was saying was that in those models, Monaco had the EMS driving the MUX systems concurrently, and not have each as stand-alone. The 'fix' is to cut the EMS from the MUX and have each as separate modules.

Sorry about that .
Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
For some reason, a sentence in the above post didn't get included.

What Chris was saying was that in those models, Monaco had the EMS driving the MUX systems concurrently, and not have each as stand-alone. The 'fix' is to cut the EMS from the MUX and have each as separate modules.

Sorry about that .
your correct. The windsors fall into that category as well. Chris and I discussed that at length. In my case, If the board replacement didn't work my option was to live with the blinking lights or make a road trip to his shop. He didn't even mention/offer coming to me.

One advantage or him actually being hands on, is he can do a complete back up of your MUX system and hand you a disc or thumb drive or something, which is a real plus. (If you go that route, be sure to discuss that with him).
Old 06-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #26

We are having kind of the same issue with blinking lights but only when running all three AC units. Plus we are currently hooked up to shore power. Haven't tried the genny with all three yet. We went down to 2 ACs and haven't had the issue. But our lights, too, would turn off and on without us touching the panel and also they would flicker from time to time. I was told that if we replace our florescent lights with LED that would also solve the problem
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
We are having kind of the same issue with blinking lights but only when running all three AC units. Plus we are currently hooked up to shore power. Haven't tried the genny with all three yet. We went down to 2 ACs and haven't had the issue. But our lights, too, would turn off and on without us touching the panel and also they would flicker from time to time. I was told that if we replace our florescent lights with LED that would also solve the problem
Amen,

Read my post #18 again. Been there, done that.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Some slight progress to report:
I found that you can unplug the respective MUX output module connector and tap directly into the desired wire and jumper from that to the input post on the module, and you can get that function back. Currently, I can now bring up ceiling and bathroom lites .

When this all started, I kinda thought living by candlelite til I got it fixed would be cool and romantic... HA! What'd I know? She said:"FIX IT, NOW!"

Tags
intellitec, light