Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

No flashers or turn signals

Just went thru the posts on the site and still can not find the issue. 1999 windsor checked all suggestions and replaced flasher - any other recomendations? Thanks
hwbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #2

I went thru the steering volume connectors, the electrical bay connections and did not find a thing. I have break lights and all other systems seem to be fine - just no flashers or turn signals. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Either one, or two, of the wires going up the steering column should have 12 volts. If not trace back to the fuse. If you do, make sure one, or more of the other wire now has 12v. that would indicate the switch is working and there is an open between the column switch and the rest of the circuit downstream from the switch.
Also, take the plastic cover of the column and check the wire bundle all the way to the switch. Sometimes the bundle gets looped over the tilt joint and separates the wires.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Saw your original post on my recent thread on this same problem, but found your new thread so will post reply here. On that post you indicated you had not found a fuse for the turn signal circuit. There should be a fuse on the turn signal circuit. On our MH the right and left turn signals are fused separately and the fuses are located in the outside electric bay left front corner of the coach under the driver area. (See pictures. Click on image for larger view) The 4 way emergency flasher switch simply excites both right and left turn signal circuits simultaneously so does not have a separate fuse or flasher unit. I would search further to locate the fuse/s before I would conclude there are none.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1253-1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	26793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	26794  

Monaco38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

THANKS

Thanks for the help - finally found the fuse - on my 1999 windsor 40 the only fuse is marked "flasher" . Replace it and continued to burn out - found the 7 pin to flat four plug in adaptor for the trailer was shorted out causing the issue.

Good to go now thanks again for the help!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwbuck View Post
Thanks for the help - finally found the fuse - on my 1999 windsor 40 the only fuse is marked "flasher" . Replace it and continued to burn out - found the 7 pin to flat four plug in adaptor for the trailer was shorted out causing the issue.

Good to go now thanks again for the help!
Glad you found the fuse and were able to trace down the problem. I knew there had to be a fuse or fuses on the turn signal circuit somewhere. Where was it? Was it hidden or just hidden in plain sight? Every time you run up against one of these problems you learn a little bit more...and are better prepared for next time.

Monaco38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #7

plain sight

The fuse was in plain sight in the electrical bay outside by driver - just marked flasher and I was looking for turn signal - that circuit is fused completely by the flasher circuit - interesting that the turn signals work even with the key off (just like the flashers) where in a normal automobile they do not. That 7 pin to flat four adaptor was badly corroded - don't understand that as it has lived in the south all its life with no salt or snow. It may have been getting the drip from the rear air condensate as Monaco had routed that where it ran on the lower body panel and dripped off in the hitch area. Just rerouted both the front and rear where they are in a better area to drip. thanks again !