Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
No power to inverter plugs.

I haven't used the coach in several months and I just finished setting up at our campsite. I ran the inverter while traveling to power the refrigerator. I connected to 50 amp and turned off the inverter. I lost power to all of the inverter plugs. I checked the breakers on the inverter and checked the GFI plugs and all seems ok. Any ideas as to what I need to check.

Thanks,
Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

- is the 50a power working?

- why turn off the inverter?

- check the breaker(s) for the inverter, within the Main breaker panel
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The 50 amp power is working. The air conditioners are running and the non inverter plugs are working. I would leave the inverter on but the batteries are not receiving a charge.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

the inverter being 'on' is not going to drain your batteries when you are on Shore Power, the inverter is just 'passing thru' the 120v power...

still sounds like you've lost a breaker for the inverter outlets since everything else is 'working' on shore power... could be a loose wire behind the breaker.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have never left it on before but as long as everything is working I'll leave it on. I appreciate your help !!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #6

I view the inverter as your 'back up' power supply... if you lose your Shore Power, everything doesn't just go dark, the inverter immediately takes over. Of course, there's the limitation of the batteries as for how 'long' this back up power can last, at least until the Shore Power is restored, or the generator is cranked!

enjoy.... 3 1/2 yrs and the inverter has never been off...
Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #7
YC1

Two clues, not charging and the inverter sockets are cold.

It takes 110 for the charging part to work. So if 110 is not getting to the inverter it can't get through either.

I will check my manual. You should check for input 110 volts.

Check closely at your circuit breaker panel. Those breakers do not always look tripped. Find the one that says inverter and turn it off and back on.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
YC1

Look very close at the side of the inverter. There may be a small input breaker that needs to be pushed back in.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I reset everything including the outside power pedestal and everything appears to be working. I appreciate your help gentlemen !!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Look very close at the side of the inverter. There may be a small input breaker that needs to be pushed back in.
My coach also has a 30 amp breaker in the main breaker panel... So there are several breakers that could be tripped. Also, those breakers on the inverter sometimes don't pop out when they trip, so I always make sure I pull them out then reset them. Just pushing on a tripped breaker won't reset it if the button doesn't pop out.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make and model of inverter and where did you turn it off?

Example' Xantrex Prosine 2.0, turned off on the big switch on the inverter itelf..

Xantrex Prosine 2.0 remote switch set to Standby

In the first example.. No power passes the prosine
In the 2nd example. THe prosine will remain in standby but will pass shore power

NOTE: this type of inverter you do not need to turn it off. shore power puts it in "Charger" mode and the inverter stands by.

Tags
inverter, power