Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #1

No rear signals or brake lights

I have a 1995 Monaco Dynasty and suddenly lost the rear turn signals and brake lights (running lights work fine). Does anyone have any ideas before I go digging into it tomorrow? Any help is always appreciated.

Hutch

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bad bulb or blown fuse. The filament that is used for the turn signal is also the brake filament in many bulbs.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If fuses are good pull one of the tail lights drivers side better. Make sure nothing chewing on wires.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
If all the above checks out I would suspect the turn signal switch. It shouldn't be a ground issue (you still have tail lights) they use the same ground.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Are you towing something? If so, check for chaffing wires. Probably a blown fuse, the flasher unit might also fail while you're troubleshooting this. Everything should be located in your electrical bay.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #6

Well I don't think all the bulbs blew at once. I am towing and I did lose the signals and brake lights on the trailer and coach. The brake controller is working and so are the trailer brakes so I know it is getting a feed from the brake switch through the signal switch. I hear something at the back clicking when the signals are on and that's as far as I got before it started raining badly and I left it for another day. Thanks for all the input.

Hutch
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #7

I had a similar problem on one of my turn signals. I could hear the clicking from the area of the fuse box, but no turn signal. Turns out there is a blown fuse. Simply to fix, but hard to find. I have also blown the same fuse with a short in the socket for hooking up the car. On mine there is a fuse for each turn signal.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #8

I did check the fuse panel at the front. Maybe there is another panel at the back? I have no idea but am slowly figuring this thing out a piece at a time. Thanks for all the replies.

Hutch
Old 09-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #9

Got it all figured out. Heard a clicking sound from the back when signals were on and upon further investigation found there is a left and right signal relay. Throughout this I also lost the tach and front step (didn't know if any of it was related). Pulled up the bed and climbed in for some inspections. After an hour of yanking and tracing wires the step started going in and out at the same rate as the signals but when you stepped on the brake it would all quit. More digging brought me to a fairly main power junction which powered a bunch or relays and circuit breakers and the connection was nasty green. Cleaned it all up and checked/serviced many others and its all fixed.

Just got lucky but the lights have never been this bright!!

Thanks for the replies,

Hutch

Tags
brake, brake lights, lights