Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2016, 10:26 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
No Signal lights or Emergency Flashers

We we're on our way to Camp Coburg today when we stopped at a rest stop 30 miles before getting there. Shortly after leaving the Rest stop we noticed that we had no signal lights or flashers. The green lights in dash are dead.

Only had a few minutes to play with this before getting dark. (Electrical is not my strong suit) any how did find that the fuse F81 for the brake lights was blown so replaced that but did not fix anything.

Hopefully some of you have some ideas that may help. If not I guess it couldn;t have happened at a better place.

Thanks Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
First thing I would check is the flasher module. If you don't have any schematics to tell you where it's located, a call to your motorhome manufacturer should work.
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Had a similar situation happen to me, in my 2009 Camelot, the wiring may be similar take a look at F86.

The cause of the blown fuse was a wire in one of the connectors for my TOAD got loose the short circuited at least those two circuits. I'm still trying to find the fuse for the +12VDC in the trailer plug.

Hope this helps.
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPat View Post
Had a similar situation happen to me, in my 2009 Camelot, the wiring may be similar take a look at F86.

The cause of the blown fuse was a wire in one of the connectors for my TOAD got loose the short circuited at least those two circuits. I'm still trying to find the fuse for the +12VDC in the trailer plug.

Hope this helps.
Looks like loose wires in the 6 pin side of the connecting chord.
Did find a blown fuse in F81, but my coach only goes as high as F84.

Cannot find any other fuse for the signal lights.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:03 AM   #5

Had a similar problem on our coach. Turned out to be the wiring in the steering column. The wiring got hung up on the bolt of the tilt wheel joint under the plastic cover around the steering column and pulled the electrical connector apart from using the tilt mechanism. It was an easy fix, just sipped the zip tie holding the two halves of the plastic cover together and removed the cover exposing the wiring. Pushed the connectors back together and boom, had flashers and turn signals again. I did move the wiring bundle where it was below the bolt instead of on top and secured it with electrical tape. Then put the cover back on and was good to go.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #6
YC1

This fuse panel is in the far right rear compartment of my 08 Endeavor. I suspect your Diplomat is very close to this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuse Rear Distribution Panel Harness.pdf (88.7 KB, 38 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just had this problem on my 99 Holiday Rambler. After checking fuses, replacing flasher, etc I ended up pulling the multi function switch out and spraying electrical contact cleaner and cycled the switch a few times. That fixed it and it only took about 1 minute to pull the switch out of the column.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPat View Post

Hope this helps.

You we're dead on with the F86 and also the F81 fuses. IT was my old eyes not seeing F86 hidden behind a bunch of wires. Once I replaced both fuses and fixed the loose wires in the 6 pin side of the chord all appears to be good.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

Tags
light, lights