Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Oh my gosh!....get the smelling salts, I think I'm going to faint!!!!! GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!! Oops where's my internet protocal, I'm yelling!
My crack is FIXED and PAINTED....in ONNNNE DAAAAAAYYY!!!!!! ANNDDD they are going WASH it tomorrow! "GUARANTY RV" ROCKS in Junction City! We will take off tomorrow afternoon to continue our adventures!
MonocoMama is going to tutor me in posting pictures here. I will post the before and after pictures when I'm properly schooled. Oh yeah, you rock too M.M!
And I still have my sense of humor and am in my warm and fussy place.
Happy traveling all,

AKBrick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
AK.. I was quite happy to hear it was fixed in one day...but doubly disappointed that you are out of the area so quickly! We were looking forward to meeting the two of you along with the fur-kids! Sacs gets up here tomorrow. He is picking up pizza on his way in and I already have the beer...dang!

It is hard to justify spending $30 for a campsite that is only 30 minutes from where you are camping for free right now...but just look at where the dogs could have played!

Safe travels and have a great Turkey Day with your family!

PS.. call me anytime and I will walk you through the photo post after you get registered at the link I emailed you!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Have a great Thanksgiving to you and Sacs too.
I'm very sorry that we didn't meet.
That grassy area for the dogs looks great, but guess what? They got to play at Heceta Beach today. I have pictures, but I havn't been tutored yet.
We saw the lighthouse and a covered bridge too.
Thanks for being our tourguide.
AKBrick
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Our Camelot had hairline cracks in all four corners that have just been repaired. According to Buddy Gregg MH, Monaco makes the fiberglass too thin in the corners, and therefore it's not uncommon to find these even into the Signature Series. It seems Monaco would increase the thickness to avoid this, but they seem to be happy to just have them fixed under warranty. In our case with cracks in all four corners, it took a full week of warranty work, but looks perfect now.
CC
Old 05-11-2008, 05:56 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
CC,
We are leaving Guaranty's Camping parking lot this morning. We just finished having our cracks repaired. This was the second trip up here to do that. Unfortunately, we still have two corners that have not cracked out and I wanted to jump on them so that they could get repaired with thicker fiberglass along with the others. The bodyshop manager wouldn't go for that though. He told me before when we were here the first time to not be surprised if I found more. Yup, we did. And now I may have more in the future. I sure hope not as this is getting OLD!! I'm glad to hear that you got all four corners fixed at one time.

Happy trails,

AKBrick
Old 05-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
CC,
We are leaving Guaranty's Camping parking lot this morning. We just finished having our cracks repaired. This was the second trip up here to do that. Unfortunately, we still have two corners that have not cracked out and I wanted to jump on them so that they could get repaired with thicker fiberglass along with the others. The body shop manager wouldn't go for that though. He told me before when we were here the first time to not be surprised if I found more. Yup, we did. And now I may have more in the future. I sure hope not as this is getting OLD!! I'm glad to hear that you got all four corners fixed at one time.

Happy trails,

AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you ever take pictures of the cracks as mentioned last November? Probably a good thing to check mine out, just like to know what (and where) I'm looking for at the corners.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Hey MC,
I'm sorry to say that last fall our hard drive crashed with the pictures in it. However I do have some of this springs cracks but they are not that great and the one that is okay is not a corner crack, but I'm willing to bet you your coach against mine that it looks fairly similar to your corner cracks. It does to my last corner crack. I'll try getting it posted. I'm kinda under the weather and it's a little hard to think with a head full of snot, thanks to CheetahGirl. Uh...can I print that?

AKBrick
Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
Hey MC,
I'm sorry to say that last fall our hard drive crashed with the pictures in it.
AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey AK...Those photos would have been 'safe' if you would have put them in the "Photo Section" here on iRV2!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:30 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
OUCH!!

AK
Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Okay, I'm waiting for some pics to be approved. Hopefully I've done it right through my morning haze....*cough*.....*hack*.....*honk*....*sniff*..
Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Okaaaaaayyy....I goofed up again. Blame it on my cold.
One more try with the help from CheetahGirl....sheesh.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
All right, here are the pictures of this springs cracks. Luckily CheetahGirl also found the original cracks we found in November in our e-mail archives! I'll get those posted soon also.
under awning

above passenger roof corner
above door
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Ladieeeees and Gennnntlemannnnn (enter drumroll here) with the help of my esteemed and loved colleague, CheetahGirl, we will now attempt to install the original pictures of the cracks repaired waaaay back in November of '07'. Annnnnd heeere they arrre!!!
The problem area.
Big bad crack.
Topside view of big bad crack.
Crack on top of the roof to the left of the side crack.

All of them have been repaired and have not come back.

AKBrick