RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Well, it looks like I'm going to make my first call to "tech services" today to see what Monoco can do to fix the crack in the roof that I just found yesterday.
I don't know how or why but there is a crack at the fiberglassed seam that attatches the back cap to the main roof piece at the back left hand corner down to the wall piece seam of the rig. This is where Monoco made the roof seam smooth instead of the overlapping look on earlier coaches. On top, there is a six inch crack on the seam also. Gee wiz, we just bought it at the beginning of October too. Total bummage dude's and dudette's.
Breath in ...1, 2, 3,.....breath out...1, 2, 3....
I will keep you informed,
AKBrick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Well, it looks like I'm going to make my first call to "tech services" today to see what Monoco can do to fix the crack in the roof that I just found yesterday.
I don't know how or why but there is a crack at the fiberglassed seam that attatches the back cap to the main roof piece at the back left hand corner down to the wall piece seam of the rig. This is where Monoco made the roof seam smooth instead of the overlapping look on earlier coaches. On top, there is a six inch crack on the seam also. Gee wiz, we just bought it at the beginning of October too. Total bummage dude's and dudette's.
Breath in ...1, 2, 3,.....breath out...1, 2, 3....
I will keep you informed,
AKBrick

Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
YEEE-OOOWWWWEEE!!
Holy geez...I hope you won't have to interupt the dog shows to go up to Harrisburg...but that sounds like a "Service Center" repair

Let me know if you do have to go up to Harrisburg...since I am less than 30 minutes away...

Good Luck ...and definitely keep us posted.

PS...start taking pictures of it now...and continue on to verify any changes that may occur...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I called Tech Support and basically I am now logged into their computer system and a Tech will call me tomorrow A.M..
Good suggestion on taking pictures M.M. Thanks, I'll get right on it.
We have a registration in an envelope for the Yuma, AZ dog show but we may hold off on sending it until we talk to the techy.
By the way, how cold is it getting in Central Oregon? We were at the Valley of the Rogue" state campground a week ago and it was getting to the low thirties. We've been trying to follow the sun but we may have to go backwards a little bit. Who knows, maybe Monoco will know someone in the Sacramento area who can fix this and paint it too. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks M.M
AKBrick
aka: Tom Brickwell
Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
AKBrick, That's really bad! I have a friend that just went through a mess like this with his. The best suggestion I can give you is, Find A GOOD LEMON LAW ATTORNEY from the state you bought the coach in. Keep all your receipts from any warranty repairs, be sure to take pictures of the problem now and take the coach back to the local dealer for EVERYTHING that is wrong no matter what it is... Its all about days out of use when it comes to getting them to fix it and a settlement.

DO not settle for it being fixed half way! They might think you're a pain... You might think your being a pain... but its your hard earned money that bought that coach! Do not settle for anything less than fixed perfect!

In my buddies case it took him about 6 months of the coach in the local dealer before Monaco decided to send it up to OR to fix it. His crack turned into a delaminating issue, cabinets cracking, ceiling coming apart. He hired an attorney and in the end Monaco fixing it and settling out of court for a good amount of money and a bumper-to-bumper warranty on the coach for as long as he owns it. Was a major headache for him but it turned out a good deal for him and Monaco made him happy.

Any way you look at it... you're in for a long haul! Remember one thing! All RV manufactures make Lemons not just Monaco! The good thing is you bought a lemon from a good company that will make it right with a little persuasion.

2007 Diplomat PDQ 40
Socal36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Tom -

Well yeah, "mega-bummer-dude" on the crack. Glad you caught it in time, and that Monaco is now aware of the problem and is going to have a tech give you a call to sort things out. I'm confident they'll 'do the right thing' with you.

Being in the sales/service arena myself for many-a-year, I've always adhered to the philosophy that's it's better to go into a potential problem in a positive and upbeat manner rather than with all guns a-blazing. Any product-mfgr (Monaco included) is well-aware of the customer-service standard they must adhere-to in order to make the next sale, and there's no reason they shouldn't come down on the side of customer-satisfaction in this one too. From my experience, and from a LOT of my friends/acquaintances who own Monaco products, I'm sure you're going to have an equitable solution at-hand.

Hey, worst comes to worst, there's always Oklahoma-Chrome... I mean "duct-tape"

Please let us know how it goes.
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I think I'll see how Monoco reacts first. I'm under full and extended warrenty. I've got pictures and so far, my sanity and a sense of humor.
AKBrick

P.S. Thank-you ronboc for the good Monoco/Freinds report...got any bronze duct tape?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Okay my esteemed Monacoians,
Today is a sunny day without and within my humble soul.
I talked with Monoco Tech Support and all I had to do was find an RV dealer who deals with Monoco and can do body work. So we called around and nobody did the body work around the Sacramento area. But.......we did call the service shop for Guaranty RV center in Coburg, Oregon. This is where we bought the Cheetah at the beginning of October. The service manager was very concerned and deffinately wanted us to have it taken care of in their body shop in Junction City, OR., a few miles from Coburg. He didn't think that we would be able to get it in soon though.
Well lo and behold, the body shop manager was able to schedule us in for next Thursday! We'll have to drive back of course but we don't really have any time constraints. It's also better because we wanted to be in Arizona during the winter. We also get to stay at their camping area with 50 amp service. We get to stay in the MH during the night and continue to bring it back during the day until it's done.
The service manager is sending our pictures of the crack to Monoco to keep in our file with them.
So.., my sanity is intacked as well as my humer.

I'll continue to keep you informed.
Peace yall,
AKBrick
Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
YIPPE-KI-YAY!!!!!

Ok...Did they give you any time frame as to how long you will be there? I can tell you that I have had nights in the mid 30s right now. Junction City may be a little bit warmer...but I am not sure.

We will need to meet while you are here...so let me know how long you are supposed to be here and we can make plans. (We can do that on a PM!)

Old 11-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
PS.. where are you staying right now?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Right now we are staying in a farmtown called Elverta, CA with some dog friends who have 50 amp power, if you can believe that! Not bad for a freebie. We threatened them with staying forever.
We have a dogshow to do in Napa Valley over the weekend. Then we'll head up to Junction City. We'll be there by Wednesday the 14th.
AKBrick

I'll send you a P.M. M.M.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Got your PM...sent you one back...
Kick A! in Napa ...
(BTW... Elverta is considered the backyard of Rio Linda..which is always mentioned by Rush Limbaugh!)

Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
An El Rushboe listener in Oregon!? Ooooo, better watch out, they may raise your lot rent if they find out!!
I havn't listened to him on the radio since driving to work.
AKBrick
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Now... I did not say I actually listened to him...but I am from Sacramento...and I remember Rush from the KFBK days before he made it big!
(very non-commital of me, huh! )