Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #1

Oh No! New Coach..no pantry!

Exciting as it is, our new 2013 HR Endeavor DFT 43' Coach has NO pantry space! We are giving up our 2013 HR Ambassador PFT 36' for the upgrade but I will sure miss the great pull-out pantry area. Also, this Endeavor has a washer dryer installed (which I never had before) so I can't use that cabinet for storage either. What can I do with all the canned goods, pots pans, dishes, etc? There is one large cabinet over the sink, one under the sink, and some drawers.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to organize the overhead or under sink cabinet to maximize use of those spaces? Did you buy or build shelves or something? We are trading Coaches later this week.

Thanks in advance for your advice. Vicki
DWMOONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations on your new upgrade and I wish you many miles of safe travel.

Unfortunately, the predicament that you are now in is exactly why I have been extremely pleased with our 2002 Windsor PBT coach. I have gone to shows and looked at many RV's, many of them VERY expensive I might add and I have always come away with the fact that I much prefer what I have over anything I have seen so far. Whenever I walk inside a coach the very first thing I look at is where would I store all the stuff I currently have in my existing coach.

You may try some of the sliding storage bins, etc. but your best bet is to lay everything out and then try one scenario and if that doesn't work, then try another until you get it exactly the way you want it and everything has its place.

Our coach is completely FULL. So whenever we are shopping and see something that would be useful, the very first thought is where will it be stored and will it replace something that is already there.

Good luck and safe travels.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pantry

There is some possible space to the right hand side of the kitchen sink behind the furnace vent. Take vent off and explore. Here are some pictures of ours, although a different model, you may be able to have some handy space for can goods.

With new piano hinge installed

With installed shelves

We put soup cans and dog food in this area. Take a look at what you have, it may work for you.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

While I am not sure of the floor plan, could not get good pictures in the Holiday Rambler site, we also lost space when we upgraded this spring from our 2003 Endeavor to a 2009 Diplomat. I keep the heavy weighted item as low as possible, so elected to use the cabinets under the TV for canned foods. We also store some canned products in the cabinets under the pull out table. They are not easy to get to, but we have to use what we have. As far a pans go, they went in the bottom large drawer under the stove.
While this works for us, it might not work for someone that is 'full timing'. Keep us posted as to what you come up with.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On our 06 Endeavor we removed a divider under the stove and install two full width full depth pull out drawers. The lower one holds pan, pots and lids. The upper one did hold can goods but now holds bowls and other cooking accessories. Can goods were relocated to cabinets over the couch.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
This is obviously not a solution for you since you have a nice new coach but since we never had a consistent temp in our Norcold and never use the washer/dryer, I decided to remove the washer/dryer, put a mini fridge in its place, and use the Norcold for storage. (It works wonderfully when unplugged). ;-)

Since we don't full time this has worked great.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post

This is obviously not a solution for you since you have a nice new coach but since we never had a consistent temp in our Norcold and never use the washer/dryer, I decided to remove the washer/dryer, put a mini fridge in its place, and use the Norcold for storage. (It works wonderfully when unplugged). ;-)

Since we don't full time this has worked great.
Now THAT'S a very clever idea for the useless Norcold aka NotSoCold. I had never thought of that for people who do not full-time.

Since I am not one of those we installed a residential.

However, I now have an alternative solution for others when the question arises.

Thanks for the idea!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #8

We had that problem as well when we downsized to our new to us 99 Windsor lucky for us it did not have a washer/dryer ( saved me the work of taking it out ), that frees up a ton of space in fact all my clothes for our normal 6 months on the road fit in there DW needs all the rest of the bedroom storage . As for groceries wit the hot water in the basement and the electrics in the back there is a huge amount of storage under the stove and sink, what won't fit there goes into the basement. We shop Costco once a month, and usually get to another store weekly. Good luck with your new rig, we are just returning home from our 17000 mile maiden voyage and love her more everyday.

John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #9

Our coach does not have a pantry, and we knew that before we bought it. But we always get by.

We are still campers at heart, and have fun innovating, improvising and adapting.

After we donated a bunch of stuff that we did not use in a year, we had a lot of space to use. Trying to get it totally down to not storing/hauling what we dont need.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 36' coach with NO washer and dryer. We use that space for bedding towels etc. Monaco put a dedicated floor to ceiling pantry in next the the VERY cold Norcold. deSanford PS do what you did when you didn't have a washer and dryer (remove them).
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
There is some possible space to the right hand side of the kitchen sink behind the furnace vent. Take vent off and explore. Here are some pictures of ours, although a different model, you may be able to have some handy space for can goods.

With installed shelves

We put soup cans and dog food in this area. Take a look at what you have, it may work for you.
Does this arrangement not block the furnace cold air return? Our MH has a sticker posted above the louver stating not to block the louver.
Willie300s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #12

The whole thing about blocking the cold air return is a moot point because the coach in mention is probably Aqua-Hot equipped. If it has the same cabinet which many Monaco's/Holiday Rambler do with the boiler.......well its already a full cabinet for storage.

Adam.
Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post

With installed shelves

Very clever! Like this idea!
NRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My wife would NEVER allow us to buy one without a pantry. That's one of the first things she looks at. In the present 2002 DSDP she even took a smaller refer rather than lose the roll out pantry drawers.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote