Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Older Monaco DP specs

Im shopping for older diesel pushers and when I encounter an older Monaco 1995-2002 I cant find brochures or specs to determine what they are or should have. Anyone know where to find info on these? Monaco site goes to 2005 and newer I believe. And if anybody has experience with the dynasty of that era on build what to look for or look out for I would like to hear from you. Thanks
hlagooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
This web site goes back to the model year 2000.
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures?y=2000

Dynasty coaches from 1998 to 2002 will come with the Cummins ISC 8.3L engine in 300, 330, or 350hp. These early Dynasty's will have 8 air bags, 8 shocks, and a 7.5k Onan generator. They were available in 34 to 40 foot floor plans. They will have an Allison 6 speed transmission.
Prior to 1997 they will have the mechanical Cummins C8.3L mechanical engine and an Allison 6 speed transmission. If you go back far enough in model years you will find a Cummins 5.9L 12 valve engine and an Allison 4 speed. I would avoid any of these early models that have a propane generator.

The biggest difference in the Dynasty evolution is 2002 Monaco added the tag axle and upgraded from the Roadmaster RR8S to the RR10S chassis with a tag axle. This adds an additional 10k to the allowable gross weight and allows fine tuning the front to rear weight by varying the tag air bag pressure. The 2002 and newer Dynasty will have 10 air bags, 10 shocks, and is available in 38-42 foot floor plans. The 42 foot model is a gem with 3 air conditioners and an upgraded 10k Onan generator.
I need to add that in 2003 Monaco upgraded the Dynasty to the Cummins ISL 8.9L 400hp engine. This is a very nice upgrade if you plan on towing.

The Monaco Dynasty is a great coach that has stood the test of time but do not overlook the early Monaco Executive or Signature. Some of these are bargains. They will be very similar to the Dynasty with some upgrades.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #3

I believe Monaco has owners manuals and model brochures on the internet back to 2004. I have a 2004 Camelot and found everything I need for my coach. [mod edit]
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #4

I have a brochure from '94 that came with the same year Dynasty when we bought it. I could copy that and send it to you if that would be of any help.

Steve

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 with 1996 Lance 945 camper
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
I have a brochure from '94 that came with the same year Dynasty when we bought it. I could copy that and send it to you if that would be of any help.

Steve
Look up Static Nomadic on You Tube. He has many videos on 1995 Monaco Crown Royale Signature.I can provide brochures , schematics and other answers on same.
lbowis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #6

I acquired a 2000 Dynasty in October, my first RV. I’ve had no problem finding brochures, users and maintenance manuals for it and all of its subsystems.

Interestingly, none of the brochures show my floor plan, but the specs are all there.

I’m pretty handy with a toolbox and do my own work. The vehicle was 100% usable and 95% functional as I got it, but I did not have the benefit of a thorough inspection beforehand - or since, for that matter. Thing’s got systems and interconnects I had no idea I was getting, and not all of them work or are located as documented, by Monaco or the original vendor.

Our first excursion resulted in a pretty long punchlist, but with only two top-priority items (ABS and Pac Brake). One was a corroded fuse, the other operator error but also screamed out for a retrofit, which I performed.

Inside and out, I’ve discovered undocumented safety interlocks, the locations of fuses and switches also undocumented, body panels prone to vibration-induced separation from the frame (via stripped-out mounting holes), how to get to the “furnace” for service, and what interior trim is most likely to come loose and make her sound like a salt shaker even when cruising a smooth highway. My punchlist is down to a half-dozen items that can wait until I don’t need gloves to work on her outside.

None of that’s kept us from putting 5,000 miles on her in 3 months, every mile a joy - in weather less than ideal.

Feel free to message me if you want to compare notes.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hlagotty,
Vito.a listed a really great site for older coaches.. Downloaded a pdf copy for our coach a few days ago..
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures
Try to get wiring diagrams if possible.. I used Northwest RV Supply to purchase wiring info. I'm sure there are cheaper or possibly free wiring diagrams available .... Some coaches already come with owners books & wiring diagrams.. Good luck
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:15 PM   #8

Have had our 1997 Dynasty for a bit over a year with no major problems, just routine maintenance and new tires. Simple mechanical Cummins, no slide, seems to be very well built. Hopeful to put it to real use in 2019.

Air Dryer was a Haladex, PureAir, Service Kit DQ6026.

Happy to share 97 Dynasty Brochure email: cry42 at windstream dot net.

Tags
monaco