Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
? on Trace RC-7 inverter

My "new" 2000 Dynasty Regent has a 50 amp shore cable but when I cycle through the power options on the bedroom control panel, 30 AMP is the highest amperage listed, no 50 amp option. Is this normal? Also under battery power, there is no 120v AC outlet anywhere that is hot. I thought that was the purpose of an inverter. Do I have a greater problem? If the books had come with the coach, I probably could have answered some of these questions, but...

thanks
norwestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
That is correct. Make sure the switches (breakers) are turned ON at the Inverter. The RC-7 has a function to turn the Inverter ON or OFF but the breakers on the Inverter must be on before 110 vac is passed to the coach. If no breakers on the Inverter, then it should have an ON / OFF switch that should be ON.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RC-7 is the model number of the control, not the inverter. We have an RC-7GS which has an auto start feature and also only goes to 30 amp. You do realize that all that does is set the amount of power to be allocated to the charger? If you're on less than 50 amp you can set it to draw less power so you don't blow the breaker. When at home (30 amp plug or 15 depending on which cord I pull out) I set it for 5 amp.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Rex, I checked the circuit breaker on the inverter, it is good and the power switch is on. Mr_D, you have answered so that even I could understand.
Thank you both. But I still have no AC power from battery power.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Are the batteries charged?
Is the inline fuse blown? There should be an inline fuse in one of the battery cables, fairly large and should be easy to find. Might be a 150-200 amp fuse and might be covered with a plastic cover.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

norwestie,
You will have to contact Monaco for an owners manual.
Monaco previous year brochures: Monaco Coach - brochures

Operators manual for the Trace Inverter Remote control: http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Dis...C7GSRevNew.pdf

Each major component (stove, fridge, furnace, Inverter, etc.) typically has a pdf manual available on the internet. You just have to do some research.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The batteries are charged and the LEDs on the remote panel indicate all is normal. The large fuse, if it is blown, what else are the symptoms? other than no AC on battery.
Dave78Chief, I did read the manual, but it did not answer the questions I've asked.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
rex

Monaco Owners Club
OK, check the breaker panel in your bedroom and make sure all the AC breakers are ON. One should be for the inverter. Turn it OFF and then ON and leave it ON. See if that corrected the problem. If not check in the compartment where your Inverter is located. There may be a sub-panel with breakers for the coach 110 vac circuits. Make sure they are ON.

I have attached a schematic for the 2001 Windsor which may be similar but not exactly the same as your coach. It may be of some help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf '01 Windsor Schematics from Owners Manual.pdf (1.84 MB, 117 views)

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Actually, there are four breakers for the inverter. Legs 1 and 2 in one panel and legs 1 & 2 in the other panel. I turned all off and on. Strange aside, 1 turned off the TV.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The inverter is turned on and off remotely at the RC7GS. You can have the switch at the inverter on and have the inverter turned off at the remote panel.
There should be a green light that indicates when the inverter is actually inverting. The on/off at the remote panel also operates the generator start manually. The remote also needs the occasional reset. You do this by going to the inverter and turning the switch to off for a bit, then back on.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #11

GFI?

Sounds like maybe one or both of the GFI 110 outlets have tripped at the outlet itself. Reset them. I had one go bad once. It wouldn't stay set, and we had to replace it(Home Depot/Lowes).

We hope this helps?

Don
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Check out these 2003 Dynasty diagrams. They should be very close. This is a large file. The wiring of the inverter/charger is on page 50. If the green LED on the control is on solid the inverter should be on. Check power at the inverter/charger and trouble shoot from there. Failures of just the inverter portion is not unknown. http://www.monacocoach.com/staticfiles/monaco/wiringdiagrams/1997/Monaco_Dynasty03_WD.pdf
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I am the idiot. I didn't realize that you need to manually select "invert". My last coach was an '09 Tiffin Phaeton which had a residential refrigerator and the inverter was always on. I thought the same applied here.
All works as it should. Thanks to all for the great help and advise.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestie View Post
I am the idiot. I didn't realize that you need to manually select "invert". My last coach was an '09 Tiffin Phaeton which had a residential refrigerator and the inverter was always on. I thought the same applied here.
All works as it should. Thanks to all for the great help and advise.
X2!

We don't dry camp much. Went to the races and woke up to a dead battery. The Norcold never switched to battery. I have only one outlet for the 'frig, it took a while for me to understand I had to turn the inverter off.

FWIW the RC7GS does have an automatic feature. One of the settings is load sensing, selectable wattage, to turn the inverter on if it senses a load.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter