Thanks for your reply. Pulling the generator out of the RV was the most difficult task in performing the 1,000 hour maintenance. After spending the time and effort to remove the unit, it was relatively easy to change the hoses, belt, thermostat and antifreeze. After pulling the generator covers, I found the Kubota engine codes and valve lash settings on the valve cover. Since easy to check the lash at that time, I ended up adjusting 5 of the 6 (1 was in spec). I will admit that none of them were far off but I do believe it best to check while out of the RV and at the first 1,000 hours due to the initial wear of the new engine particularly since easily accessible. Finding TDC was the most difficult since you cannot see the timing mark which is covered by the air box. I pulled a glow plug (which didn't want to come out) and used a wire in determining TDC on the compression stroke. Pulling the glow plug was the scariest part since it didn't want to come out and I was told that they can fall apart if not careful. All is done now and working fine. Thanks again for your reply.
2014 Newmar DSDP 4018-450