Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Once piece windshield problems?

Anyone having problems with one piece windshields, ie cracking, or popping out, etc etc? Thanks
Brian
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
All of the above. We are on our 3rd shield, the first two cracked. The current one is doing its best to part company by popping out at the corners. I keep popping it back in and have had the shield sealed once last spring. It now leaks but only when driving in the rain. Very disconcerting and disappointing!!
Before we left Missouri last week I sealed the running lites in hopes that would stop it, no luck, it appears the leak is in the gasket for the shield.
Ron
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our windshield was popping out in the drivers side top corner. Had it to the factory repair center in '08 and they said they had it fixed. A few days later it popped out again. Took it to Safelite auto glass and they said it appeared the windshield was too big for the opening. They were unable to do anything to correct the problem due to the size of the glass. Took it to Ironhorse RV in San Antonio, TX. They pulled out the glass, cleaned the seal and the opening, marked the center of the opening and the center of the glass, resealed and reinstalled the glass. They found the glass was 3/4" off center with the opening. A year later the glass hasn't moved and doesn't leak.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Brian...Did you buy the 07 Simba? Monaco had some issues, primarily with the first year they started using the one piece on the Diplomats (2006). There were problems with some of the other models too. Some units required the "Halo" repair which fixed the framework. I think for the most part, the problem has been resolved, even with most of the 07's.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Purchase is suppose to take place next tuesday.......
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to see you've been doing all of your homework on both sites. I think you covered the main issue...trailing arms. Everything else would be fairly minor.

Congratulations! Post some photos when you get it......put it in your avatar.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, I appreciate it, and I will post some pics. Thanks again.
Brian
Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #8

My windshield cracked while the coach was on my driveway and on Jacks. Called Proggressive and glass was sent in 12 days. Installer cracked glass on one corner while using a wood stick to force it into the rubber gasket. Proggessive told me that my problem was the "one piece glass" despite my explaining it was still at the glass installer's place. A week later, took the coach to another installer and had the glass installed in his parking lot. When I was told the coach was ready, I noticed that the jacks had been lowered. I raised the jacks because I was told that I was blocking their parking lot and needed to move my coach. I traveled less then 10 miles and the glass cracked. Proggressive, this time sent me to a frame alignment shop to check for front end damage. Got a clean inspection result and spent the next month explaining why the glass issue wasn't a result of one piece glass. Took the coach in to another installer who replaced the seal and cleaned the area of debris. The glass was installed and I was told the coach could not be moved for at least 24 hours to let the gasket sealant dry. Well that was all 4 months and 3200 miles ago and I have had no further problems. I think if the glass is not installed properly, it will shift in the gasket and hit something hard, like the frame, and break. My coach is 4 years old with 27,000 miles and this has been the only "one piece glass" problem experienced.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote